OK -
I finally did it. The blog you have been waiting for has come to a theater near you!! I wanted to be as cool as my two sisters so I finally stored up enought brain power to figure out the instructions. Anyway this happened just in time for me to share with you the interesting experience I had this morning...
So I was driving up town this morning to run with JB. We were going to run at 6:15. Well, this slow car was in front of my on Townline Road and I thought to myself, "Why don't I take Antioch Road so I can get to town faster?" Sounds logical, right? Wrong!! So Greg is zooming down Antioch Road. Then there is this STOP sign right in the middle of nowhere that most people completely ignore (when there isn't corn in the fields). Well, I thought, I think I will stop because i is the right thing to do. So I stopped, and then I kept driving down the road. Well, this road has a funny thing about it, about 2 miles out of town it just turns 90 degrees. It has always been this way, and I have been on this road a gizillion times in my life. Well, apparently it was to early in the morning because I didn't really see that it was there until it was way to late. So I slammed on the breaks and slowed down quite a bit. I actually had time to decide if I wanted to hit a mailbox and then go in the ditch or just go in the ditch. I decided to leave the mailbox standing. My trusty Intrigue dove into the ditch like is was built for ditch diving. Up the other side we came right it to a nicely finished field. Lets just put it this way, I am glad this particular farmer doesn't use a plow. So I drive through the frozen field for a while until I find a part of the ditch that isn't to deep and I drive back onto the road. I get to JB's house and inspect the damage. Much to my delight, the front bumper is the only part of the car that is damaged. I say this only because the other side of the bumper has already been mangled by a previous encounter with the side of a road. But that is a different story...
So I am assuming I will be about $850 lighter, I will probably try to drive a little more cognizant of my surrounding. Don't you love that feeling that you just drove 10 miles and you don't really know how you got to where you are...
Yeah, anyway, I got a nice lecture from Mom about all of that kind of stuff (as if I didn't think the same thing on my way home). By the way, JB's alarm clock didn't go off so we didn't even run!!! How ironic.
Until Next Time,
Little Greg
Wedding Weekend: Elsie Saturday Pictures
4 days ago
2 comments:
So um Greg...wow...you had a major Beiler moment there...keep that up, and you'll be cracking eggs into the napkin rather than the bowl!!! By the way...congrats on breakin down and gettin a blog!!! Love-ya-Beiler
Hey Greg....you must want to buy a truck if you want to go 4-wheeling....they are made for that kind of thing....love, Auntie
Post a Comment