Thursday, June 14, 2007

Interesting email, etc

Sorry...the videos aren't working for some reason...but...if you go to Google Video and search under Tim's Finish and Start of the 5K - Tremont Turkey Festival you will find the two videos and can watch them there. You may even be able to just click on these links (although I won't guarentee they will work)!

Anyway...on to the interesting e-mail. Yesterday my Google Notifier showed the red M that means you have an email in your inbox. I opened up my email account and saw that I had an email from the IL Board of Examiners (the CPA guys!) Now...since I have the CPA licence and certificate in my office I thought it was kinda strange they were contacting me. Then I noticed that it was in regards to a re-score. I immediately got nervous and thought...yikes....maybe I really DIDN'T pass the exam. As the letter rambled on...I realized the opposite was true. The beloved Auditing section of the exam, that I got to take three times, had been graded incorrectly the second time I took it. My actually grade was well above the 75 needed to pass...they had originally told me I had a 72. Therefore, I actually passed the last part of the exam in August...I really didn't need to take it in January. Therefore...I passed the Auditing section twice! The silver lining -- I get my money back for the last test! Oh yeah...and I got a letter of apology. Kinda interesting....

I don't think I really have any other interesting news other than that we got some sugar cones this week at the grocery store and they are delicious.

Hope everybody has a good last week of spring (when its in the 90s it hardly feels like spring)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on passing the CPA. They knew that you needed to practice studying more. Good discipline. What's with the sugar cones! Ugh! I don't like them. Oh well, I was able to find one of the videos. I will search for the other. Keep blogging! Love, Mom

Stephanie R. said...

Hey Greg both of those links worked for me! Sweet!!!! Thanks for posting them, it was fun to see.