Well.....we made it! One year down! If the first year is supposed to be the hardest, I am certainly looking forward to the next 70! The first year was great! Perhaps its my wonderful wife that made it so easy.
So you are probably all wondering what we did for our anniversary. Well I had to work for a few hours in the morning. At 11:30 we left for Princeton. Its about an hour and fifteen minutes away. We visited a HUGE antique mall. Mary had never been to one and was quite amazed. I was glad because I wasn't sure how much she would enjoy it. It was quite nice because it was three large sheds all smashed together with a ton of booths. We found some pretty cool things...but actually didn't end up buying anything. The drive to and from Princeton was beautiful. We also found a covered bridge while in town. There was quite a shopping district in the town too...so we will probably have to go back. After spending several hours "window shopping", we headed back to Peoria. We had a very peaceful dinner at Rizzi's. Then we headed over to Charlies Aquarium in Pekin. We decided to celebrate one year with buying a pet...Scales...our new goldfish. Upon arriving at home...we got out the top of our wedding cake and fed each other some cake. We also cut the cake and took some pictures. After that...we decorated the house for Christmas. While it is a bit earlier than I like to do it, I will have to admit...the house looks very nice. Another highlight of the day was that later on as we were sitting on the couch Mary thought that pehaps she felt the baby move! All in all...we both agreed...it was a lovely end to our first year together.



Have a good week!
Greg
3 comments:
You guys make me smile!
Greg! So ferocious!
Some cute pics!! Say, was the cake good? Wishing you many more happy years together!! Love,Mom
Post a Comment