Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Bells Are Ringing!

Mary here....I was told a while ago to 'put on a new post,' but I've been a little lax in my duty.

I have to admit...I do love the snow! The ice is a little scary, but the snow just makes Christmas for me. However, I'll confess that I did get stuck in our driveway last night...my little Taurus was no match for the drift. Thankfully, Greg had a snow shovel handy and was home to get me out! :)

A new thing at our house this year was making gingerbread houses. My mom does them every year, but Greg and I decided to make a few on our own this year. I'll have to say...we were pretty good! :) You can look at the pictures and judge for yourself, though.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is really one week away, and leaving for Brazil is one week away from tomorrow!!! I think I finally feel ready for the Christmases, though, which commence on this Friday.

We did have one Christmas this past Saturday, my Grandma Rassi's Christmas, at the Fairbury Fellowship Hall. We also celebrated Grandma's 90th birthday then, which is pictured below. Driving home from there was interesting....it took us 45 min. longer than usual (2 hrs. as opposed to 1 hr. 15 min.), but Greg did fantastic and I am all the more thankful for his 4 wheel drive truck. :)

Well, since the next week is pretty full, we probably won't post before we leave for Brazil...but when we get back, you can expect story and pictures. :) May you all have a blessed Christmas and remember the true meaning behind it...God loves us so much more than we can imagine!
A house Greg decorated for his grandparents and a house I did for the neighbors.
Grandma's 90!
Check out Kate's socks...I was pretty proud of them! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those gingerbread houses. You guys are good!!! Cute socks too! It goes without saying that the person wearing the socks is the real cute one!! Love, Mom B.

Stephanie R. said...

Very pretty houses! And Mary, your bump is starting to look so cute!