Greg was pretty confident that he could make it out of the garage and down the driveway.....

.....and, with his trusty 4x4, he did! Talk about dedication to his job.....

My little Taurus, on the other hand, with its front-wheel drive was pretty effectively snowbound.

Good thing I needed to be home all day, anyway. I had to get ready for our taffy pull! We had one of our potluck groups (Galen and Betty Rocke, Paul and Beth Wagenbach, Kerry and Kelly Baer, Gary and Kathy Wagenbach, Tim and Jenny Ropp, and Aaron and Katie Ehnle) over for an evening of taffy pulling and snacks. Greg and I had never made taffy before, but we got some help from the more experienced members of our potluck. That, mixed with some beginner's luck and good taffy pullers, gave us some very good taffy! We'd like to try it again!

Stretching it out so it's ready to freeze.

The dedicated taffy pullers

The finished product! Yummy!
1 comment:
Dear Greg and Mary,
I can testify that it was good taffy since you were kind enough to give me a bag to try. Love,Mom B.
Post a Comment