Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Three weeks old already!

It's so hard to believe that our little Max is already 3 weeks old...and that it's been almost two weeks since I posted! I've found that I don't have quite as much free time as I thought I would have with a new baby around. :) Go figure.
I don't really have anything new to report, other than some cute pictures. Max is doing great; we took him to church for the first time a week ago Wednesday night, and he did super! Then, on Saturday, he 'butchered chickens' at his Grandpa and Grandma Beutel's (Grandpa would probably say that all he really did was distract Grandma) and attended his first wedding (Greg Bolliger and Jenny Scott's at Northfield). He was tuckered out by the evening, when we went to his Grandpa and Grandma Rassi's house so he could meet his Uncle Philip for the first time. Still, though, he did really good the whole day.
On Sunday, Mother's Day, Max gave me his first present by having a good night Saturday night. :) He also 'gave' me a very sweet card and a Willow Tree figurine of a mother holding her baby. What a sweetheart! ;) Almost as big a sweetheart as his daddy...not quite, though. :D I'll admit, I was a little nervous taking Max to church on a Sunday for the first time, but he slept through the whole morning service and only got fussy when he was hungry halfway through the noon hour. I was able to catch the last 20 min. or so of the afternoon service in church, as well. After church, we headed to Gridley so Max could meet Great-Grandpa and Grandma Gramm. They were delighted to see him, needless to say! We ate supper there and then drove back to Tremont to be with the Beutel family. Thankfully, Max slept both on the ride up to Gridley and the ride back. He's a great little traveler so far!

Now, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few snapshots from the past two weeks:


Max wearing the white outfit he got from his Grandma Rassi (2 weeks old)

Hanging out on the Boppy pillow (3 weeks old)

This is what the rest of the Beutel family looks like in the morning when Greg goes to work, at least a couple of days so far. :)

Being cute after his bath on Sunday morning


Max with his first mail package addressed to him! How exciting! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet dolly!! I could just give him a squeeze. Grandma B.

Stephanie R. said...

Oh I can't wait to meet little Max!

Jenny said...

aw, mary he's so cute!!

o, and i like your blog. :D