We've had a fun weekend and 'fun' past week or so at our house....Max got his 4 month shots a week ago Tuesday, and he seemed to react to them more than he did his 2 month shots. :P He had three very bad nights in a row, but I'm happy to say that the past four nights he's been back to normal and only waking up once, maybe twice. Whew! So since Friday night, he's been a different boy! Dad and Mom Beutel and Katy came over a week ago Saturday evening to hang out...it got a little late for Max and his Grandpa--but even though he was cashed out, Max made a great popcorn bowl rest!
Previous to Max getting his shots, we've been experimenting with rice cereal and a bit of baby food...this is Max's reaction to sucking on a strawberry. We put it into that little net thing sitting in front of him, so he only got juice, no real fruit. He wasn't just real wild about the strawberry. I have to admit, at this point, trying solid foods with him seems like it's more for his parents enjoyment than his! :)
This past Friday night, we had a potluck get-together...here is Max and Bryce hanging out. Someday I'm sure they'll be running around and making mischief together. That night, though, they were both pretty good...and easy to watch! :)
Also, that night, the sunset made an amazing sky display...I'm not sure this picture does it justice. It was so pretty!
The weather is getting cool enough that we had to put Max's jacket on him for the first time. We thought he looked pretty cute in it, so we had to take a picture. :)
I know in my last post I said that Max had just flipped over from his back to his stomach---well, now it's a regular occurrence! I used to be able to have him play with his little jungle gym for a long time, but now I'll hear him shaking the rattles for a while, making noises, and then....it's silent. When I come to check on him, this is what I find:
The only problem is that he still doesn't 'know' how to go from his tummy to his back. And he can't crawl, either, although he does scoot around in a circle. So the result is that he just gets frustrated after a while! It's been pretty fun, though.On Saturday night, we babysat Jacob, Grace, Elisabeth, and Silas while John and Heather went out to eat (they took Hannah). Greg grilled hamburgers and then for dessert we had...chocolate fondue! I don't think any of the children had done it before, but it was a big hit!
They all did a great job, even Silas!
They all did a great job, even Silas! We had a great night with them, and they even got to meet Kia. Speaking of the puppy, she's doing much better, too. I think she's really acclimated to our house and her doghouse/kennel. We've got a ways to go on the obedience training, but she likes being around people when they are outside with her, so that is a good thing. We're supposed to watch the Keever boys tonight, so maybe we'll have some more good pictures of Kia with some kids.


3 comments:
Oh how I love the pictures!!! Thanks for updating the blog Mary!
Love, Steph
I love the pics too especially the strawberry mouth. Soo cute! Love, Mom(Grandma B.)
aww....he's so cute!! And so big!
Post a Comment