Monday, December 07, 2009

Yum.

I intended to write a new post just about our fun time we had Sunday evening, but as I was going through old pictures I found these of the amazing rolls Greg made a few weeks ago. And since I'm on a diet, I thought I'd post these for everyone else to drool over. :)


Raising, ready for the oven


So many rolls!


Max patiently waiting for the cinnamon rolls to come out of the oven


Mmmm...caramel rolls. I don't think Greg really wanted to make them, but I asked very nicely so he did. They were so good!

Anyway, he's really good at making cinnamon rolls. Of course, he learned from his mom, so it's no surprise! :) Well, last night we had supper at Grandpa and Grandma Wagenbach's with Katy and after the supper dishes were cleaned up, we learned from Grandma how to make peanut brittle! Seriously, hers is the best. I was a little nervous when Grandma said she cooks 'by the smell' of the brittle. I'm usually not too good at the 'dash of this, pinch of that' kind of recipe. However, we made two batches and I think I could do it! Not surprisingly, I forgot to get the camera out while we were there. My excuse is that our 'rechargeable' camera batteries are dying...even when they should be fully charged, they don't work. I finally stuck two regular AA batteries in it this morning to take some pictures of Nora. Anyway, we took some of the peanut brittle home, and I took some pictures of it for you. What I really wish I could send you is the smell that wafts out when you lift the lid off the tin...ohhhh, so good!


My only complaint with this peanut brittle: it's dangerously addictive

We get to go to Katy's concert tonight. Should be fun! Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all looks yummy!! Can't wait to taste that peanut brittle! Love ya all, Mom/Grandma B.