Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A new toy...

...for me and Greg, anyway! We've been having fun with our new camera, like I said. Because of that, there are about 30 pictures in this post, so I will try not to do too much talking (after the Nora update, anyway). First of all, in Nora news, she is officially 6 months old and can sit up (kind of) in her Boppy pillow. What a big girl! It's so funny to me that Max was crawling at this age. No, Nora isn't even rolling over yet. You won't hear me complaining, though! I love her just the way she is...laaaaaaaaaid back and easygoing!




She had her 6 mo. checkup yesterday, and her stats are as follows: Height = 25.5" (about 40th percentile) Weight = 13 lb. 7 oz. (about 7th percentile) Head circumference = 41.5 cm (about 22nd percentile) So, all in all, she's a little squirt, but I'm not too surprised since Max was, too. And still is. Anyway, the other new thing for Nora is baby food! I'm still nursing her, but we tried rice cereal once...


...which didn't go over so well.

However, we tried sweet potatoes last night...


...which went over much better!

Oh, and it's not a brand new thing, but she also...

has found her toes!

Okay, and now for the new camera pictures. (Except for the first Kia one and the cake, that is).


She's a true husky/malamute...snuggled into the snow.


She's also wishing her owner were more of a true husky/malamute and would come outside and play with her. Sorry, puppy! Hopefully it will warm up a bit soon!

For Valentine's Day, I made the Sour Cream-Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze from Smitten Kitchen. It was very rich, but pretty good!

Don't compare the pictures to hers, please. My glaze must have been runnier or something.

I'd never made a layer cake before, so I was nervous, but it went much better than I expected.

We ate this on Valentine's Day, Sunday, but I didn't make our 'Valentine's Meal' until later in the week. It wasn't near as fancy as Greg's that he made last year, but it was still good!

On the menu: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Twice-Baked Potatoes, and Steamed Broccoli

For Dessert: Mini Raspberry Tarts


Here are the 'fun with the kids and new camera pics:'



A common Nora face...she spits/blows raspberries alot.


Good morning, my sunshines!


Love the sleepy hair/smile


Yeah, I want to go back to bed, too...


The flash on this camera is super bright, but it's great because we get Nora's HUGE eyes captured every time. :)


Ham.


Cheese. (Nora, anyway)




Who are you lookin' at?


I've come to terms with the fact that Max's eyes have turned...and I love the dark brown!


Our kids are such good sports.

This past Sunday, we went to an Afterhours performance. They and another (female) group, Main Street USA, were part of a series of accapella groups featured at a church. I didn't get to hear the whole thing because Max was sick (found out yesterday he has an ear infection...go figure) and Nora was tired but loud. What I did hear, though, sounded great! Greg was able to get some pictures and a video of them. Super job, guys!


Always enthusiastic!



At the end, Afterhours and Main Street USA sang one song together.


Awww, cute sisters.


And awww, cute couple! :D

So, that's all for now. I hear Nora waking up and she is hungry....those sweet potatoes at lunch can only last so long. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of cute pics!! We sure do have some cute grandkids!! Love, Grandma B.