About two weeks ago one night, I heard a long rrrrrippping sound as I was getting ready for bed. Max has been ripping his books lately, so I dashed out of the bedroom, ready to reprimand him once again for ripping a book. Much to my surprise, he was sitting calmly on the kitchen floor, playing with a truck. Confused, I turned to look for Greg and found him standing in the bathroom holding a very long strip of wallpaper. With a mischievous grin on his face, he asked me, "Well, honey, what color do you want to paint?" :) The wallpaper in there has had nicks and a few peeling spots since we moved here, and I guess he finally couldn't stand it any longer! :) I don't really have any 'before' pictures, except for this first one.

Max wanted to help scrape off the wallpaper. The top layer came off easy if you could get it started, and then we had to wet the bottom layer and scrape it off.
Max wanted to help scrape off the wallpaper. The top layer came off easy if you could get it started, and then we had to wet the bottom layer and scrape it off.
He had his tongue sticking out from concentrating so hard, but I didn't get a good picture of it.
I'll admit, I put off stripping the wallpaper for a few days just because it seemed like such a huge job. Finally, one day I decided I was going to do it, and to my surprise my mom was able to come and help me! The result is that we got it done before Greg got home for lunch that day. He was definitely surprised. :)
That night, we went to Menards and got some primer and picked out our color. The paint was called "Harvest Corn" which really tells you absolutely nothing about the actual color. We got home and Greg got the primer up pretty quick.
It already looked better just being all one color! Underneath the wallpaper there was a light purple paint, just kind of splattered on. It wasn't uniform or anything. Kind of weird.
Once the primer dried, Greg put on the first coat of color. We let that dry overnight, and then my awesome husband got up and put up the second coat of color before he went to work the next morning. That night, we went to Hobby Lobby where the home decor was 50% off. Whoo hoo! So here are pics of our 'new' bathroom...I absolutely LOVE it!
Better shot of them
Anyway, it made for a pretty crazy week, but it was definitely worth it to have the bathroom done!
Another change in our house is Nora's room. Yes, it's just Nora's room now, since Max is sleeping in his big boy bed downstairs. We've always had a problem with our mountain of toys...they were just piled in a corner of the family room for a while, then moved to a corner in Nora's room, and now we finally have a good solution:
4 comments:
Mary,
I LOVE the new paint color!! I will have to show Aaron...that color is just awesome! One of these days we'll be living in a house where I can make/decorate things how I want....one of these days. I might just have to hire you to come and help me design!
Wow, love the progress. That was a fast project...both of them look great. What's next? :)
r
I love the new bathroom color! It looks great!
I'm exhausted and all I've done is read your blog! Your bathroom and storage look great! I LOVE redecorating and organizing, I just don't have time. :)
Post a Comment