This summer and fall has probably been one of the busiest I remember every experiencing. Between traveling, helping 2 sisters move, mowing for some family, and building the cabin...life has been moving at high speed. We also have a very active 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old. All this said to make the point...its been a while since we've been to Wednesday night church. So thankful that last night we were able to go...Max was pretty well behaved...and there were a few scriptures (some commented on/some not) that left an impression on me. More than an impression...a conviction...that I hope I can allow to change me...
Proverbs 25:11 - A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Was mentioned that we often think that others have the ability to say "just the right thing" and perhaps we feel we don't have that gift. We are told in the Word that the Father will give us good gifts...so we simply need to ask...in prayer for fitly spoken words. The opposite of this verse is what convicts my heart...to what would you compare a word unfitly spoken? Too often this is me. Which brings me to the other scripture that I felt gave me a goal to strive for.
St. John 10:37-38 - If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Words spoken by Jesus...encouragement to me to be more like Him everyday so that I can boldy...not nervously, not sheepishly, but boldy say, "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not"! Only by the grace of God...
greg
Wedding Weekend: Elsie Saturday Pictures
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment