Monday, October 03, 2011

Family Campout

Last weekend was our annual Rassi Family Campout, and it was as much fun as I was expecting it to be!
Max and Nora were super excited to sleep in the camper, as always.

Yay, camping!

We took a family picture on Friday night, and of course it got dark early, so I didn't get any pictures from that evening.  We ate chili, s'mores, did a picture treasure hunt with the kids, and had a great time.

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and had eggs and bacon cooked over the fire, fruit, and other goodies.  All the kids ate as quick as they could, because there was a new twist to the campout this year...

 An inflatable obstacle course!  It also had a big slide at the end.  All the rest of my pictures are of the kids on it....I think the only time it was empty was when we were eating a meal.

Hope's first time down the slide...


...and Kate's!



Joel was nice enough to take Nora down the slide since she was too scared to go by herself.


Once the big kids got their initial energy out, Seth got to go through!


Grace was an all-star at carrying little kids up to the slide...no easy feat!


Greg sat on top of the slide and snapped a few pictures.


Not sure if Kate and Elisabeth were racing, but it looks like Elisabeth is having some problems!



There she is! :)



Linc was quite the climber.


Look at that determination!


When he set his mind to it, Max was pretty good, too.


Climb that rope, buddy!


He made it!


Kate's socks are pretty representative of everyone else's that morning.



Even Creighton was able to enjoy it!

I have a couple of videos, but I'll make those a separate post.  Once again, the weekend was full of good food, fun kids, and great family...a super combination!

1 comment:

Plattner Ranch said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

The bottom picture of Lincoln looks exactly like Jonas! The other pictures didn't look a bit like him, but the side angle is Jonas to a T! :)

Someday I'm gonna have to get around to updating my blog! We've just been too busy!