Sunday, September 09, 2012

Nora's Birthday!

As hard as it is to believe our little Nora is 3, it is hard to believe all of the birthday stuff is over and it is already the second week of September!


We celebrated Rassi August birthdays early in the month, before her actual birthday.  I don't think she minded one bit! :)


Other August birthday girls were Kate...


...and Hope!


Nora had plenty of help opening her presents...there usually is at Rassi birthdays! :)


Grandma Rassi got her a little swing/high chair for her baby doll!


Laurie had her name and got her a pink princess dress with a crown and wand...of course Nora wanted to try it on right away!  The best thing for me about this dress is that it's machine washable. :)


The Thursday night before her birthday, Greg took her out for a birthday date.  Here she is at his office, waiting for Daddy to get ready to go!


They ate supper at Steak n Shake, and this is the only picture Greg got from the evening.  They had planned on bowling, but it was a league night when they got there. :(  Instead, they went to Farm n Fleet and bought a new dress for Nora. :)


Nora's actual birthday was on a Sunday, and she woke up to balloons and a happy birthday sign on her chair at the breakfast table!


We let her open one present before church...it was a Dora backpack that Max had picked out for her!  That day was special because not only did Nora turn 3, but her Aunt Katy got baptized, too!


We had a low-key evening hanging out with some of the Beutel's, and Greg made this yummy fruit tart as something special for Nora on her birthday.  We were trying to think of things to do for her on her birthday since her party wasn't until Tuesday night.


When I asked Nora what she wanted her for birthday cake, she of course said, "Princess!"  When I asked if she wanted a certain princess, she said, "Snow White!"  I've seen many doll cakes before and never made one, so I bought a Snow White ballerina Barbie doll and decided I wanted to cover the skirt and base in fondant.


I also got to use the grass tip on the bottom, which was fun!  The flowers were all royal icing and I was able to make those a few weeks in advance, which was great since I decorated the cake all in one day.  (Side note here:  Max didn't nap the day I decorated it, so he was watching part of the time.  Once she was done, he kept coming over to me and sighing, "Snow White is just so cute!"  High form of praise, I think!)


Nora loved her Snow White cake!


This picture cracks me up...it is so typical!  Max is being goofy and singing, "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs, while Nora is trying to hide her face on Greg because she's the center of attention. :)


Blowing out the candles!  She got them all eventually!

I helped Nora open her presents, so I don't have pictures of that.


The little girls loved the box that her princess fishing pole came in!  (Nora had been asking for one ever since Max got his fishing pole for his birthday.)


Last part of the birthday celebration...pin the tail on the donkey!  We thought the three big kids would get a kick out of doing it, and they did.


Max, Nora, and Elena each took turns and Grandma Rassi even did it once!  (You're welcome, Mom, for no pictures...I did get some!) :)

Now we are done with birthdays for our kids until our marathon comes around in the spring again...happy birthday, Nora Katherine! :)

No comments: