Sunday, September 09, 2012

Play With Your Food!

A few weeks ago, we went through a phase where Greg and I would 'compete' in making a bedtime snack for Max and Nora.  Maybe 'phase' isn't the right word...I think we only did it about three times.  (Which is good, as my creativity was about drained from those three!  Not my strong suit!) :)


The first time it was Mommy's pbj tortilla caterpillar against...



Daddy's graham cracker and chocolate silly face!


Max was hilarious...he wanted so badly for both of us to 'win' that every time we asked him which he liked better, he would hem-haw around and say that he liked both.  Finally, when Nora said she liked Daddy's, he proclaimed that he liked Mommy's best.  What a little softie! :)  In reality, they both ate the silly face better than the caterpillar.


The second time around it was Daddy's fresh fruit with chocolate pudding dip against Mommy's vanilla honey butter popcorn.


I think the kids' favorite things were the flowers on their plates! :)


In the end, again, Daddy won...at least by how much of their plate was empty!  (I'm not surprised!)


This isn't part of the snack competition, but one day Greg was not home for supper (I don't remember why), and the kids wanted the snail snacks out of the Ranger Rick magazine.  That and an apple frog was their supper that night. :)


Okay, on to the last round of snack competitions!  This time, Nora helped Greg and Max helped me.  When I asked Max what we should make, he said, "A dinosaur!"  Of course, right?  I had the idea for the graham crackers, and we worked together from there.  We ended up using quite a few ingredients:  the crackers, marshmallows, chocolate chips, grapes, and a cheese stick!  I was pretty proud of him for how much of it he did!  He also made the 'clouds' out of marshmallows on top and the 'tree' on the left out of cheese stick.  Oh, and he wanted a glass of milk with it.


Nora and Greg made a chocolate mousse dip with fresh fruit.


Max and Nora were pretty proud of their creations and when it came time to eat, Max thought he got to eat his whole dinosaur by himself!  In the end, we all shared the two snacks and declared all of it delicious. :)

This last picture isn't a snack either, but it's so cute I had to put on this post.  When we celebrated Rassi birthdays for August, Laurie had asked Nora what kind of cake she wanted.  She e-mailed some pictures of birthday cakes she has made in the past.  So did Nora pick the butterfly or flower?  Nope.  The turtle!  And I'm glad she did because they were awfully cute!  Thanks, Laurie!  Delicious, too!

No comments: