
One thing I got to enjoy at our new house this fall were the GORGEOUS roses from the bushes out front! I had to watch every day and cut the ones that were ready before the Japanese beetles ate them all.

Max wanted to wash dishes one day...how could I refuse?

We had Sharon and Eden over one morning and had a tea party! (Complete with water, marshmallows, and chocolate chips)

Griffin at 4 months old (a lot less hair than he has now!)

We put our large kitchen to good use with all of the produce we processed!

Apparently Max made the job look fun because the girls asked me another day if they could wash dishes. Why, of course!

We had lots of apples to use up, so I made some apple butter. Yummy!

Finished product!

Griffin got this sweet outfit from Aunt Trish, so I had to get a picture of him wearing it.

We also made cider...I got the easy job of washing apples...Greg got the hard job of turning the cider press and fighting off the bees! They were nuts!

Cider ready to freeze!

On Caleb's birthday, we went to Normal to take him out for ice cream and see his apartment. It's fun to be able to picture where he's living now.

Max was half day kindergarten for both of the first two nine weeks. At the beginning, the girls loved waiting for him to get off the bus. The kitties usually followed! And I might as well write it now...Daisy and Rosie are no longer with us, sadly. One had an accident with a car and one ran away. Maybe we'll try with some new kittens this spring...we'll see.

Nora got her first haircut from someone not in her family!

Great-Grandma and Griffin

We babysat some of the Plattner kids one Saturday and had a blast!

Greg was really wanting donuts so he fried some up one Saturday morning.

Griffin at 5 months old...so big!

When Greg would come home for lunch, the kids would pile on him and say, "Don't go to work!!!"

We introduced our kids to beer butt chicken a midst many giggles from them!

Great-Grandpa and Griffin

One October Saturday, we went to a wiener roast to celebrate my great-aunt Lee's birthday.

The birthday girl wanted the middle piece!!!

The siblings that are left: U. Bob, A. Lee, A. Clara, U. Sol

Tirzah loved the playground!

We had Anni and Elena for a sleepover!

Crazy faces

One Friday we took the kids to the CAT museum. They were pretty amazed at the monstrous truck!
Just for some perspective...that's the wheel of the truck they are standing by in the first two pictures!
2 comments:
Mary,
I love the picture of us playing Guess Who. So much fun!!
Looks like you guys had so much fun in the summer and fall.
Love,
Jolene
P.S. Wishing I was there when you guys had so much fun!!!
Great post, it has been awhile since you last posted hasn't it. Time does fly1 Grandma B.
Post a Comment