The boys hanging out at Monicals...I can't get over how little and chubby Griffin looks a year ago!
Looking at these pictures is reminding me of how much snowier last February was...but it did give Greg and I a striking background to see this red fox on our back porch! I must buy the right kind of cat food or something!
Later in the month, I had the not so great pleasure of seeing this ugly guy eating off the cat dish in the middle of the day! I believe this is one that Greg ended up 'taking care of.'
With all of that beautiful snow, the kids were begging to go outside and play. One morning while Griffin was taking his nap, we all suited up and went out. I took the camera so I could have this snow day documented!
The kids really wanted to sled, so they tried it in our backyard. It worked!...kind of.
Another favorite pastime of last winter was breaking icicles off of the house (and sometimes eating them!)
I love seeing the creativity flow as the kids get older...Max made this 'jungle' in our living room!

Maxwell Dean, almost 6 years old in this picture...he was a full day Kindergartner once school resumed in January after Christmas break. What a big kid!
On long winter days, we built towers of blocks in the basement...and when Daddy was there to help, he even made it go to the ceiling!
Griffin helped the only way he knew how, by making crazy faces and chewing on the blocks.
My sweet Valentine got me flowers and Shari's berries for Valentine's Day!
It was hard to share, but my three little Valentines were pretty convincing. :)
Greg had seen or heard about Giordano's having frozen deep dish pizzas sold in a near by grocery store. We decided to try it out! The verdict was not bad, but it doesn't replace the real thing at the restaurant!
The day of the school Valentine parties, I babysat a few kids. We had a lovely parade of princesses!
Greg and I had some credit at From the Field cooking school, so we used it on a Valentine meal. There were quite a few couples and each of us made a part of the meal. Greg and I were given bread, so we made the dinner rolls.
It was a delicious meal!
The chocolate dipping station was a little overzealous, so everyone took home an extra plate of dessert! So good!
Nora wanted to make a snowflake, so I helped her cut it out. She colored it and wrote a little note/story on it:
"The Nora snowflake:
If you see it, shout, "Hello!"
She waves her snowflake and
does her wish
and then she goes away."
Remember earlier I talked about icicles? We had an abundance last year! And many of those on the top were HUGE! Much longer than the girls' bedroom window in the picture!
This was fun to see pictures of...the snow rollers! Apparently these happen when the snow and wind conditions are just right...I had never seen or heard of them before! These neat ones were in the field near the interstate by our subdivision.
Look at that trail! So cool! And it's hard to see, but some of the rollers were pretty big. Not just like a little snowball.
I taught Nora's preschool for several weeks starting in late February. Our first week was the letter L, so we had ladybugs for a snack!
Last picture of the post...a selfie with my little snuggler.
1 comment:
No way! i am SO EXCITED! looking forward to lots of blog posts from you!
Post a Comment