Wednesday, March 04, 2015

March 2014

Hey!  After this post, I will be less than a year behind!  Woo hoo! :)

Max got a homework packet every weekend in Kindergarten...and many times did it with a semi envious Nora watching him!

Griffykins...he was so cute in those pjs. :)  10 months old in these pictures!


And with his ever present taggie blanket in the background...


As I said in the last post, I taught preschool in Feb/March.  I got out our easel for writing the letters and letting the kids practice.  Of course, our kids were pretty excited to have it out, too!  Greg came home many a night to some new piece of artwork!  I believe the above picture is a rain forest, courtesy of Max and Nora.  I think they switched off adding animals.  They would literally sit and draw together for hours on the easel.


Here they are cooperating on their next masterpiece...


An arctic scene!  From left to right, a polar bear, macaroni penguin, emperor penguin, seal, 2 orcas, and a school of fish.


Brrrrrrr!!!


This one of Max's had much more explaining with it that I don't remember...lots of outer space components!


I love that he drew it 'for Nora.' :)

Max's love for ocean things was strong, and he liked to make lists of all the animals he knew!


One Sunday morning I kept Tirzah home from church because she was sick (I don't remember what she had!).  While Griffin took his morning nap, she very quietly and sweetly played with Polly Pockets on the breakfast bar while I got to listen to church!  It was lovely!


Our most skittish (and most beautiful) cat who we sadly haven't seen in a long time now. :(  We miss you, Julia!


Letter U snack for preschool:  Under the Umbrella!  (Got it off the internet...I am no way creative enough to come up with these things!)

The girls helped me make cinnamon roll dough which was for breakfast the day of Phil and Cyrena's wedding.  They did a great job kneading it!

And punching it down. :)

Oh Tirz.


As I was doing the rolling out, they had a little flashback to the 90s and played with my old Barbies in the front room.

The two Barbies on the left are more recent acquisitions...the outfits on the left and right are most definitely not!!!


Mmmm...gotta love cinnamon rolls.

The girls were SO excited to get 'new' dresses (bought them both on Varage Sale) for U. Phil and A. Cyrena's wedding!  We ended up going with a light pink sweater for Nora, but you'll see pictures of that pretty soon!

I think nearly all of these wedding pictures were from their photographer...I'm pretty bad at taking pictures at events.  I blame my kids! :)

The happy couple!  They are so cute!

Love this one of Cyrena and the groomsmen

Me and Carmen!  I am not putting up the other picture that she so unkindly posted on her blog! :P (Love you, Carm!)

Sweet.  If I remember right, it was chilly and windy.

The Curt Rassi clan!  Have to back way up to get everyone in the picture! :) (And we've even added two babies since then!)

Hilarious...Phil and Cyrena with all the nieces and nephews (and Mike who didn't move to the side fast enough!)

I love pictures of me and my parents and siblings, but Philip is a stinker and ALWAYS tickles me.  As in, every time.  So I always have my mouth open or a look like a dope. :)

Parents, siblings, and spouses.


The Mike Rassi family...okay, so I'm posting this actually for Creighton and Anya's faces.  I've been able to babysit them for probably six months now, and it's been so fun getting to know them better!  These kids crack me up!

The Greg Beutel family (can you tell there were a lot of cameras?)

I have no idea what they were supposed to be doing in this one!  I just know I love Max's face!


Not surprisingly, Tirzah didn't love pictures.

Love my Philip!  And so glad now he's Cyrena's Philip! :)

Awww.  Dad and Mom.

Favorite!


I love that they took pictures with Knight and Freckles, too.

This one makes me laugh!

Now back to the rest of March...

Finally, spring!!!



I really wish I could figure out how to turn these two pictures, but Max made me a color by number one day.  I thought it was pretty clever!

So of course, I colored it!


The front room is a great place to dump all the Legos and let the kids go to town.  They build houses and play for hours!


Little buddy.

On my birthday, we met Sheila up at a park in Morton and then ate lunch at Cracker Barrel after we played for a bit.  Best part of lunch was Greg walking in and surprising me!  Definitely didn't expect him to come since it was tax season!

Then, that night he surprised me again by inviting Brent, Janelle, and the girls over for the evening.  It was a great way to end March! :)

No comments: