Bummer...guess my February resolution this year hasn't worked out so well. :) I found out that even though Greg was working in the evenings during tax season, I didn't put Tirzah and Griffin to bed at the same time as Max and Nora since I needed the older kids to get to sleep for school. So by the time the little kids went to bed, too, and I finished whatever dishes/laundry/whatever I didn't get done during the day, I was way too exhausted to think about blogging! Greg and I are on a little getaway to St. Louis, so I am going to try and get a few months put on here. :) So here goes with April 2015!
This picture is already a year and a half old...as time goes by I'm always so surprised at how our kids continually look older!
Here is Griffin at 11 months old wrestling with his much loved older brother.
Since Max and Tirzah will always have their birthdays celebrated together, I have them switch years as to who 'gets' the cake and who 'gets' cupcakes. I want to try and decorate something for each of them every year, but making two whole big cakes isn't realistic. This year it was Max's turn for cupcakes, so I attempted to honor his request for Thunderdrum dragons. We had been watching through the How to Train Your Dragon series that spring.
Thankfully he thought they looked enough like Thunderdrums to pass! :) I am not posting a picture of what the dragons are really supposed to look like!
Tirzah got the cake this year and requested Sofia the First...I think she turned out pretty good except that I need to not use black for all of the outlining!
No great pictures of Tirzah with her cake, but here are the birthday kids as we sang to them! Happy 6th and 3rd birthdays, Max and Tirzah!
For Nora's kindergarten stuff, she needed a recent picture, so I tried to get a few. I don't have Greg's talent for photography, so this was the best I got.
Might as well try to get one of Tirz!
And, wait up, Griffy! You're not exempt!
That's right...
...a cute little chubber like you can't escape the camera! :)
Spring brought with it hikes in the timber.
Sweet Nora!
Griffy enjoyed getting outside again, too.
I was not ready for him to outgrow that little hat so quickly!
On Easter break, I wanted to dye eggs with the kids. We tried something new and I bought these little dye sticks (looks like a Qtip).
The kids loved using it, but they had colors all over their hands for a LONG time!
Greg's dad retired from Caterpillar so we got to enjoy Paulo and Roseli who came back for the retirement party!
Tirzy in her pink marshmallow coat...it's one that I wore when I was little!
Our backyard got a different look to it when Greg took down the three big cedar trees along the back. It gave us more space, which is lovely. We now have a firepit in the back right corner.
Open house for Max! The girls were excited to see the school and we were excited for our first open house. :)
We had a raccoon that was pretty bold about begging for food...
The kids and I went to the Superhero Fun Run...costumes were encouraged so Max dressed up as Captain America. Thanks for the outfit, Aunt Stephie!
Roseli brought some tea towels from Brazil and let each of us girls pick one out. Nora picked out the cake one for me and I love to see it in my kitchen every day.
I made chocolate covered strawberries...thought they turned out nice. :)
Townwide Easter egg hunt at the city park! Max and his buddy (our neighbor) Andrew ready to search!
Max was excited to find an egg with a sticker which he got to turn in for a gold dollar coin.
The girls, Griffin, and I went to Nora's preschool field trip to the Fondulac Farm Park. The girls loved the chalk area!
Feeding the goats...this one even ate Nora's cone!
Classmates in the old school room
Some lovely flowers!
At the end of April/beginning of May, Greg and I took a trip to Florida for nearly a week. It was absolutely glorious and seeing these pictures makes me want to go back!
One day we got to watch a school of rays swimming along the beach. It was so cool! Greg saw them first because he was in the water (I stay on the beach when it comes to the ocean) so he was fairly close to them.
Now on to May!




No comments:
Post a Comment