My lovely shopping companions!
We got Dunkin Donuts this time...they were delicious!
Before school started, we decided to take the kids to Wildlife Prairie Park and take the tram ride since Jewel and Debby Moyers were the driver and narrator, respectively.
We really enjoyed the tram ride and had a great day!
For their before Kindergarten trip, Steph and I took Nora and Elena to St. Louis. We went to the Magic House, rode the carousel at the mall, and ate lunch at the American Girl store cafe.
Such a sweet librarian!
Nora's poem: Cat/rat :)
She did such a great job 'washing' and 'drying' this little stuffed kitten. :)
Nora's surprise was that she got to pick out her own doll!
We even got Isabelle some glasses!
Nora and Elena didn't really like any of their food, but Steph and I thought it was good. Nora, however, was delighted with the mountain of whipped cream on her hot chocolate.
Such sweet cousins! They had a great time together!
While the girls were away, the boys played...Greg gave Griffin his first real haircut!
I didn't see this picture until I got home. ;)
Max and Tirzah got to be babysat while Griffin and Greg went to the State Fair!
Shockingly, Griff loved the funnel cake.
All four of them went to Hike for Hunger as well.
Whee!
Not sure why we have a picture of Nora in the dentist chair, but she's awfully cute.
Tirzah got her teeth cleaned for the first time and did great. Her hygienist has a girl the same age, so she knew how to talk to her. I could hear the hygienist saying, "Oh, Tirzah, your teeth are going to be so sparkly just like a princess!" :)
Unfortunately, Max did NOT have happy teeth. We had to go get a cavity filled at a pediatric dentist, and I let him get a milkshake afterwards...he did pretty good, but it was not an easy thing.
Nora asked and asked to have some friends over for a tea party for her birthday...so I finally got a date set and invited some girls.
Aren't they just the most ladylike princesses? :)
Nora's birthday was actually the second day of school, so we had her party early. She requested Cinderella and her prince on her cake, so I attempted a frozen buttercream transfer, which I had never done before.
My brother Nic and his wife Amanda welcomed sweet little Elliot Aaron in the middle of the month! Greg and I got go see them in the hospital, and it made me cry to see my brother with his little baby. :) Love them all!
This girl cracks me up with her fearlessness sometimes. She is not squeamish about holding animals! She was pretty proud of catching this little frog/toad!
Grade: Kindergarten
Teacher: Mrs. Patterson
Favorite food: Pbj
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite animal: Lizard
When I grow up I want to be: An acrobat
Grade: 1st
Teacher: Miss Brown
Favorite food: Jam
Favorite color: Light blue
Favorite animal: Copperhead snake
When I grow up I want to be: A clown
Waiting for the bus! Since Nora had never ridden before and was a little nervous, Greg took her in to school that day. And he texted me this next picture:
...and said, "She did great!" I ask you, does she LOOK like she's doing great here? I called him to ask how she really handled it! He told me she was fine and marched right into school with all the other kids. He couldn't quite figure out why I was so worried so I told him to look at her face in this picture!
And then we waited for them both to get off the bus. Greg took the afternoon off and Griffin was napping, so Tirz got to come with us.
Which happened to be Nora's 5th birthday!
With a couple of weeks of school under our belts, Labor Day weekend came up quickly! The weather was supposed to be rainy on Friday and Sunday nights, so we 'camped' at Dad and Mom Rassi's cabin. Thanks again for letting us use it! It's perfect!
Griffin and his buddy Emmy...they both look quite a bit different now!
Our potluck bought a tree for Brent and Janelle in memory of Brent's brother, Derek. The Saturday job for the men was to get it planted out in the Sauder timber.
It was a pretty good sized tree, which meant a pretty good sized hole was needed...good thing they had enough manpower and shovels to get the job done!
Saturday evening was nice, so we were out at the timber for supper. We all wanted to go check out the tree, so we squished all the kids into Dale and Meg's station wagon to go down the lane and see it. What a crew!
No comments:
Post a Comment