Wednesday, October 28, 2015

November 2014


The first weekend in November last year, Greg and I took a day to ourselves and rode the train up to Chicago.  It was early...lovely morning eyes in this pic!


Our reason for going was to see a musical called Amazing Grace, based on the life of John Newton.  Whoa, talk about powerful.  As soon as it was over I wanted to rewatch the entire show!


Pic in the beautiful theater!


Steph sent us this pic...the kids were just missing us terribly, can't you tell?  At least A. Stephie didn't buy them a 4 wheeler!


Greg went to an ACYF evening one Sunday night, so I decided the kids and I would get ourselves a treat.  Shakes, hats, and cars for everyone! :)

My dear Grandpa Gramm finished his earthly race and won his heavenly reward.  As much as we miss him, knowing he is perfect in heaven means we wouldn't want to wish him back for anything.


My mom's family doesn't get together super often, so it was sweet to see our kids with some of their second cousins.  Tirzah was eating up the attention from the older girls who were kind enough to let her play cards with them.


Max and Jack were good buddies as well!


Our anniversary is at the end of November and Greg and the girls convinced me to try on my wedding dress. :)  The girls were so excited!

Great minds think alike!  Janelle and I were twinning accidentally when she hosted potluck.


The annual Beutel family weekend was held a little closer to home this year (Grizzly Jack's) because of the two new babies.  Max surprised me by being really patient and loved holding Gwen and Sammy!


Love Sammy's sweet face!


The dads took the kids on a hike since we were so close to Matthiessen park.


Oh, these five!
No pictures of them, but the kids loved the zip line, bungee trampolines, bouncy houses, and Max even got to play paintball at the arcade by the hotel.  They liked all of those things almost as much as the water park inside the hotel!  It was a tiring but fun weekend.


Our carpet kept being wet in one corner so we had to move furniture to dry it out.  We finally figured out that the humidifier on the furnace was leaking!  I took one last picture with my dried bouquet from our wedding before deciding it was time to let it go.


This little buddy (18 months in this picture) started saying, "Bus!" and loved watching for the big kids to get home after school!


Another twin!  My family took pictures for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary, and the colors were gray and mustard yellow.  Amanda and I discovered we had the exact same scarf! :)  I will have to find our family pics from the session and upload them...we got some great ones, thanks to Elsie from Signature Photos!

No comments: