Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Labor day, etc.

Well since I last wrote we have continued to stay plenty busy!

The weekend of Labor Day we camped with my parents camping group. It was the 25th anniversary of them all camping together. The group has changed but the good times we enjoy are still the same. Since it was the 25th we planned some special activites. Saturday we had a big pot of chili over the fire for lunch and for Saturday supper we roasted a hog. On Sunday we had the usual meal of hamburgers, onion rings (the best ever!), and many great desserts (including Mary's pie!). Then in the evening we played many very fun games...the names of a few...Choke it down....Talented toes......Trust & Obey.....and more.... They were quite fun to watch....I may post some pictures later. The men (boys) had a tougher time choking downing some of the concoctions that the women (girls). Anyway....on a side note....we actually didn't stay overnight any of the nights because Mary had a bad cold. Monday we helped Mary's parents set up the big tent for the Parents supper. Then in the evening Mary and I went out to eat with her parents. It was a nice day as well.

The rest of that week was simply spent at work. Mary and I played Trivial Pursuit several times and we found that we are intellectually very evenly matched!

Friday night (7th) we had potluck and I worry that I will soon have to loosen the belt!

Saturday night we had the Parents Supper at Dad and Mom Rassi's house. It was a very nice evening. I had my first experience of cutting meat off of the roasted hog. It was quite enjoyable and I look forward to doing it again next year. Then we had a nice singing in the tent. Its been so long since I've just sang for an hour. It was awesome!

Sunday was our first Sunday in the fellowship hall for church. It was quite interesting but I thought went very well in general. After church, Dad and I went over to U. Vernon's house to get yet another pot of chili started for the Beutel Family Chili Supper. The chili turned out very tasty! It was also very good to see Rustin and Sharon again.

Monday I worked and Mary worked...

Today is Tuesday and I am working and Mary is working this morning...

Tomorrow we get Katy overnight for a few days as Dad and Mom Beutel are heading to Europe for 12 days. For the weekend I am taking Mary somewhere...any suggestions? Friday will be one year since Mary and I were engaged!

Time flies when you're having fun!

Later,

Greg

2 comments:

Stephanie R. said...

Las Vegas?

Anonymous said...

Dear Greg,
Labor Day was fun. Are you saying the women are made of tougher stuff? Having a great time in Stuttgart with Steph and Nate. Love ya, Mom