Monday, September 24, 2007

My how the time flies...

Well I noticed my last blog was written on September 11th. I guess that makes it about 2 weeks since I've written.

Dad and Mom Beutel left for Germany the next day and so Mary and I had Katy at our house on Wednesday night and Thursday night. Friday she went to A. Diane's for the weekend and Mary and I head for our big weekend get-a-way! Although Steph recommended Las Vegas, we actually ended up in Tuscola/Arthur, IL. Almost the same as Las Vegas. We got there Friday night, went and ate supper at an Italian diner, swam, and watched some children's movie about a rat. On Saturday we went to the outlet stores in Tuscola in the morning and then in the afternoon we went to Rockhome Gardens. We had lovely weather and just meandered around the park for a good portion of the afternoon. One highlight was a group of cloggers that were at the park. They could really tap their shoes! We finally drove home in the late afternoon and then spend the evening sitting by a small fire at Dad and Mom Beutels with Sheila and a few friends/cousins.

Sunday night we went to Bloomington to meet U. Steve and A. Diane for supper. We got some delicious pizza at Tobins and then we returned to U. Steve and A. Diane's house for some pie. We also brought Katy back and she stayed with us one night.

The 17th was the one year anniversary of our engagement being announced!

Tuesday night I had supper at A. Trish's as Mary had to work at the library. Also, Trish had me bring up tables and boxes of stuff for the garage sale on Saturday.

Friday night we went to Rob and Marcia's for a pizza supper. Katy stayed with them this weekend. Rob was gone most of the evening harvesting. It was quite fun to watch Leah and Joshua as they keep getting older. Also I held Hannah for a while and I got her to smile really big and I would say she was actually laughing. I think it was her way for apologizing for barfing all over me one of the last times I held her.

Saturday I helped A. Trish with her garage sale since Mom was in Europe still. Seemed to be a pretty busy day. When I got home Mary told me that her great aunt Betty had died. So we went over to talk with Mary's grandma Rassi. Then we went and visited with my Grandpa and Grandma Beutel. It was good to spend some time with our grandparents. A bit later we went to Texas Roadhouse with Nic. After that we went to a singing at Camille's. It was a nice evening!

Sunday we went to church. After church we visited Grandpa Wagenbach. Then we went home and napped. In the evening we went to a potluck wiener roast. It was rather warm...but once the sun went down it was very nice. Once again it was a lovely evening.

This morning Mary finally listened to me and kicked me out of bed so I had time to take a bike ride before work. I got six miles in and it felt very good. I gotta drop a few pounds before winter or I am going to become a marshmallow. Dad and Mom are supposed to get home tonight so we will probably go see them after potluck.

Tuesday night is Caleb's 13th birthday so we are going to Corky's for supper and also we will be going to A. Betty's visitation. Then Wednesday I am singing at the funeral in the choir. Then over the weekend we have family campout at Mary's parents. Looks like it will be another busy but exciting week!

Greg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sing pretty!! Love, Mom