How many ways can I say that I actually have no topic when I write these blogs?
Last time I wrote was about two weeks ago. That night I went out to eat with my little bro. We had a steller time! For those of you who don't know my brother(Tim) that well...he is what most would call an avid musician. He is quite talented and enjoys his studies at Bradley Unverisity immensely. In the hustle and bustle of life we don't always spend the time to keep up-to-date on each other's lives. I was glad we did.
Tuesday we had Mike/Carmen & Kate over for supper. Or shoud I say....they brought supper. We enjoyed some delicious Papa John's pizza and chilled for the evening. Note: we also babysat Kate earlier this week and it was quite cool to see the sign language she uses to communicate with her parents since she doesn't speak yet! - no she isn't deaf...its a method used to communicate with your little children!!).
Friday night we went and sang at a handicap home. Most of the patients have Down's Syndrome. It was an eye opening evening and it was a good reminder of the "new body" we will have in Heaven! Gives you a different perspective.
Saturday we spent most of the day getting ready for the Brazilian Churrasco (i.e BBQ) we were hosting. We sold the dinner on a fundraiser last year and finally got it done. We served a variety of grilled meat, beans and rice, fresh fruit, chocolate and coconut balls, and special dipping spices for the meal. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. We had two Brazilian friends there to assist us with the food preparations.
Sunday night we attended a Sewing Club Weiner Roast. It was a beautiful evening. Great food, excellent hay rack ride through the beautiful country, and a singing around the fire. Wow....doesn't get much better!
Monday Mary had an appointment with the OB/GYN. I went along again as they were planning to listen for the baby's heartbeat. They got Mary on the table and started rubbing around on her stomach with this little microphone looking thing. All we could hear was static....crkrrrkrkkksbhltlelhhleejejjjjjjcrrrrrkkkkkjkjk and then whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh! It was amazing to actually hear the beat of another life inside of my dear wife. It was quite an experience. The heart was beating at 166 beats per minute....pretty fast....I guess according to an old wives tale that means the baby is a girl. I guess we will wait and see. We are not planning on finding out before the baby arrives.
The rest of the week has been pretty uneventful. We are leaving for a wedding (Mary's first cousin - Amanda) on Friday. We are riding out with Mary's parents and two youngest brothers. Ought to be a nice weekend.
Have a good one!
Greg, Mary, and ?
Wedding Weekend: Elsie Saturday Pictures
4 days ago
1 comment:
How exciting is right to hear the heartbeat of a little life. Love, Mom
Post a Comment