Well life rolls on...
I last wrote on the 18th so I guess that brings us to the weekend of the 19-21st. Friday the 19th we left for Ohio for Mary's cousin's wedding. We stayed with some of our friends (Will & Joanna Manz) out there on Friday and Saturday night. It was quite fun to spend the time together. Also on Saturday night Darl and Janelle Rassi also stayed with Will & Joanna. Fun times! On Saturday we toured the factory where Will is the production supervisor. It was very interesting! Then we had pizza for lunch at the Fellowship Hall where they were taking pictures. In the afternoon, Nic and Michelle and I went to the Apple Festival. We watched some demo derby, ate some apple dumplings, and just kinda drove around. It was fun to get to know Michelle a little better (another one of Mary's Ohio cousins). Then in the evening we had pizza for supper back and Donn and Karen's. Sunday was the wedding....it was quite nice. Then after Mary and I worked the first shift of the reception, we took off back to Illinois. We rode with Dad/Mom Rassi, Nic, and Caleb. It was a nice weekend but also nice to get home.
During the week we kept pretty busy. Nothing really sticks out in my mind. Thursday after work I picked up a bunch of old photo's from my grandpa's house and scanned them into the computer. It was quite a history lesson and very interesting.
Friday we were supposed to have a weiner roast at our house. It rained nearly all day so we had the weiner roast in our house (with no fire!). It was with our out of town potluck. It was a good evening and we did get to do S'mores over the grill!
Saturday was a cold and windy day. I started out the day by making and omlette for Mary and I. I googled the receipe and procedures and it turned out pretty good for my first time. Then Mary went back to sleep until noon (she is entitled to that now!!) I went over to my parents to start helping them get ready for the chili supper which was that evening. Instead, Dad, Sheila and I headed to Peoria for the Weaver's cow sale. It was quite interesting and the first cow sold for $32, 500. Dad was drumming up people to come to his cow sale next weekend. When we got home we started the pot of chili over the fire. Then, Dad and Mom went back to Peoria to attend Tim's concert. He had a solo so he really wanted them to be there. So I stirred chili until the guest showed up. It was a cold evening but it was very enjoyable.
Sunday we went to church. Then after church we had a weiner roast at 4:30. It was a beautiful evening. The leaves were at peak color. The fire was warm. The food was good. Then in the evening we went to Barb Dill's house. This Saturday she will become Barb Wagenbach -- my grandpa's wife!! It has been very neat to see how she interacts with the younger childeren and even with my aunt's and uncle. God has been good to our family.
This week shouldbe fairly leisurely until the weekend. I have tax school in Bloomington on Thursday and Friday. Steph comes in on Friday for the wedding. Saturday is Dad's cow sales and Grandpa's wedding. Sunday is the Beutel Thanksgiving.
Hope everybody has a great week!
Greg
Wedding Weekend: Elsie Saturday Pictures
4 days ago
1 comment:
Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment