Friday, April 11, 2008

A new nephew in the family!!!

Well, in my family, I'm now officially next in line to have a baby. :) On Monday morning, April 7, Mike and Carmen had a little boy, Lincoln Curtis Rassi. He's so precious!



Greg and I went to visit them in the hospital on Tuesday night.
Here's Greg holding his new little nephew...


I held Lincoln, too, but we didn't get a picture of it with our camera...Greg was laughing about it because I was evidently holding him up pretty high, due to my baby bump. I guess it looked kind of funny. Our baby was nice, though, and didn't kick its cousin too hard while I was holding him. :)

Jerry, Marcia, and Kate came while we were visiting, so we got to see them, too!
Here's me and Kate posing for the camera...


Kate was pretty interested in Lincoln for about all of one minute, and then she was only concerned about the fact that Marcia would hold her, not him. Oh, well...she'd only met him twice. I'm sure she'll adjust!


After leaving the hospital, we decided to try a new place for a late supper. We went to Water Street Wines, Cafe, and Coffees, a new restaurant that is located on the corner of Water and State Streets in Peoria (http://waterstreetcoffee.com/). Along with a light supper, we got a delicious chocolate fondue....sooooo very yummy! It was a nice quiet meal, since we got there at about 7:30 and were the only ones there. I enjoyed the relaxation time with Greg, especially knowing that tax season is almost over (next Tuesday, hooray!) and the baby will hopefully come sometime in the next two weeks.

The only other news of the week is that the ladies at the library had a 'Book Shower' for me yesterday. We had a delicious lunch and I got a basketful of great books! Yes, I must be a librarian...but I was quite excited about my gifts. Hopefully our little one will love them as much as I do. :)
Here I am with the presents...


And enjoying one of the selections, "The Missing Mitten Mystery" by Steven Kellogg.


Not much else new other than that. Greg and I have been cleaning out our closets, getting rid of our stuff we don't need in an attempt to make way for Baby's stuff....and to be more organized. :) We'll try and keep you all updated!

~Mary

1 comment:

Stephanie R. said...

Awwww, Mary you're so cute!!!! Really, I mean that : )