Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our little Max!

So sorry for the delay in posting, but once I finally got the pictures uploaded and went to finish the post, our Internet went down! Here's just a few of our favorite pictures...I plan on putting our others on Kodak gallery and then putting a link to our pictures on the blog. I just need to figure out how to do that. :) Anyway, our little Max has been quite the joy to have around. It's hard to believe he's already over a week old. I'm learning that some mornings it may be an accomplishment just to shower and eat breakfast in between feeding the little guy, changing him, and putting him down to sleep (and taking a nap if I can). I'm thankful that Greg's been able to take off the afternoons this week from work. He's been getting tons done around the house, mostly outside for the past couple of days, and sometimes it helps just to have someone else hold the baby. He's also REALLY good at changing diapers. ;)

Max has been a very good baby so far...this morning I even gave him a bath and he didn't cry at all! He's pretty strong and will lift up his head when he's laying on your chest. We had to take him to the doctor last Saturday and then again on Monday because he was slightly jaundiced and they wanted to make sure he was gaining weight after his initial loss. It ended up that he gained 5 oz. over the weekend, so all is well.

I'll try and get those pictures up as soon as I can. Until then, here are a couple of our favorites:

The Beutel family of 3

Our sweet little Max

Four generations of Beutels

All dressed up and ready to go home from the hospital! (Friday, April 25---which, ironically enough, was his due date...I found myself very thankful that day that he was already born) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a dolly. We are also thankful he is here and we get the chance to hold him quite often. We love being grandparents!! Love, Mom B.