The baby shower Saturday morning was at Laurie Keever's house. It was hosted by Laurie and my three sisters-in-law married to my brothers. They made some fantastic brunch fare: different types of quiche, sticky rolls, fruit and dip, blueberry bars, and juice. Yummy! It was fun to see so many friends and family, and we got so many great essentials and fun things for the baby. :) As Greg put it, the presents took over our living room when we brought them home.

Me with the hostesses and food table
Opening the basket of books from some of Baby's Rassi cousins (Jacob, Grace, Elisabeth, Silas, and Hannah)
The proud grandmas with the "I (heart) Grandma" bib that my mom couldn't resist buying
The rest of Saturday was busy because Greg worked in the morning and then went to Emil and Wilma Aberle's family sale. He picked up a couple great bargains! He got a picnic basket in pretty good shape and some colorful plastic dishes with it. Also, he bought me my 'birthday present'....a comfy old green chair (it swivels and rocks) that will probably end up in the baby's room! As he puts it, the color is 'back in' now. :) I wasn't 100% sure about it at first, but it really is very comfy and fits my short little legs perfectly.
Here's a picture of our green chair:

We had a slightly early supper that night at Greg's parents to celebrate our birthdays. Greg turned 25 on Saturday and I turned 21 on Monday. Mom B. made some manicotti for us that was absolutely delicious! We opened our presents, but then had to go home and change for testimonies that night. After church we went back to Dad and Mom's for cake. I was pretty exhausted at the end of that day!
Sunday was not quite so busy. Church was a little longer because of the baptisms, and when we got home I really wanted a nap. We ended up both lying down, planning on taking a walk to wake us both up afterwards. Well, those who know us well enough may not be surprised at this point, but we woke up when our clock (which is 5 min. fast) read 4:36, which is the time that the birthday supper was supposed to start at Dad and Mom Rassis. I have to say, we did pretty good as we kicked it into overdrive to get changed and leave. We were only about 10 min. late and not even the last ones there. :)
On Monday, my birthday, I received some beautiful flowers from my thoughtful hubby....I love them! So bright and springy!

That night, we headed to Bloomington to meet Uncle Steve, Aunt Diane, and their boys at Tobin's for some pizza. Greg and I each had our birthday certificate from there for a free pizza. We had a good time!
Well, I guess the official countdown is that tax season ends in 12 days, and my due date is 3 weeks from tomorrow. I'll try and do better at keeping everyone updated!
~Mary
1 comment:
Aww, Mary you look so cute. Really. and your flowers are beautiful. I really can't wait to meet your little baby.
Post a Comment