Saturday, September 20, 2008

Celebrating September

September 17 marked 2 years to the day that Greg and I got engaged. Greg, being the thoughtful, kind, and loving hubby that he is, got me some beautiful roses from the shop FlorEssence in Tremont. They're very pretty!
Then, on Thursday when he came home at lunch, I found out that he had taken the afternoon off and wanted to take me and Max to Tanner's Orchard since I had never been there before. We had a super afternoon! Max loved being outside, playing in the grass, and trying to pet the goats. I loved having a relaxing afternoon with my two favorite boys, munching on a free apple, and sharing an apple fritter with Greg! I'm not sure what Greg's favorite part was, but I know he was pretty excited about getting some apple cider.

I think the first one is one of Greg's favorite pictures of Max and the pumpkins. The second picture is one of my favorites. The third one is our family picture we got with the self-timer feature on the camera. It was the better of the two we took, even though I think my hair looks kind of poofy. (Greg calls it my Sarah Palin 'do.')


And now, two quick videos from the day. First off, Max and the goats. I think if he could talk he would have asked to bring one home, he liked them so much. (And don't worry, Grandmas, we did wipe his hands and feet off after his encounters.) The second one is just him playing in the grass. As his Grandpa Beutel is often fond of saying, this little boy just loves to be outside!



And no, no grass was eaten in the process of filming these videos, nor was any eaten immediately thereafter, in case you're wondering. :)

These last two pics are of Max 'helping' me fold the laundry. In reality, he was being quite grouchy, so I stuck him in the basket with some towels around him. To my surprise (and relief), he loved it! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I love the pictures and videos. He is such a sweet little fella . Love, Grandma B.

Stephanie R. said...

I wish that I could look like Sarah Palin!

Jenny said...

so cute...