Tuesday, January 27, 2009

9 months old!

Well, technically, Max is 9 months and 1 week. But he had his 9 month wellness check up today. Here's the stats:
Height: 28.5" (57.5%)
Weight: 18 lb. 8.5 oz. (For Nate and Steph, that's 8.406 kg) (17.21%)
Head circumference: 45.5 cm (55.07%)

So even though it seems like he has a small head, he's about smack dab in the middle. He's even a tad above average for height, too. And, I think the low percentile of weight is due to the fact that this child never stops moving! It will be very interesting to see if Baby #2 will take after his/her big brother or be the opposite and be very laid back.

One thing that was not so cool about this doctor visit....his right ear is STILL very infected! :( Dr. Cross said that it looked really bad and prescribed the 'next step up' in antibiotics. (Max took amoxycillan for 10 days when he was sick earlier this month). So now we have a bottle of Cefdinir that Max gets one teaspoonful of once a day for another ten days. Annnnnd, we get to go back AGAIN in 5 weeks to have his ears checked. We just LOVE the dr. office, can't you tell? :) At least Max is well-behaved there and likes Dr. Cross, thankfully. Anyway, I about couldn't believe it when I heard that his ear was still very infected. He has been happy, has started babbling, and has never given any indication whatsoever that his ear hurts. He must just be a tough little cookie....maybe he has a high pain tolerance.

In other news, Max wanted to make his Uncle Phil proud of him this past week, so he decided to boost up his trivia knowledge. It was one of those times when I realized, "Hmmm...I don't hear Max," so I went hunting. I found him, happy as a clam, shuffling through a box of Trivial Pursuit cards that he'd somehow found and dumped over.


He must be a Rassi! :D



I love this stage that Max is in...like I said, he just started babbling recently, and he loves peek-a-boo and games like that. He's so giggly sometimes, and loves it when Greg or I just act silly with him. What's not to love? :) I'll admit, sometimes this silliness happens at the supper table. I'm sure someday we'll tell Max to just "Sit down and eat your food!" but for now, we just like to play. :) Greg was putting the towel around Max's face and calling him Little Red Riding Hood. I missed Max's biggest grin while it was on him, but here's at least some of the fun that we had.




It's not a smile, but it's still a funny face. :)

That's all I got for now! Until next time!

5 comments:

Karen B.. said...

Sooo cute!! I love the videos. I can't wait to play with Max and hear his chuckles. Maybe,his ears are what woke him up 4 times the other night. Hopefully, he will soon be well. Love, Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

Greg & Mary,

The kids enjoy watching the videos and the pictures of Max. It always put a smile on their face and on mine too. He is so cute. We're also excited to hear Max will be getting a brother or sister. Congratulations!

Love Uncle Steven, Aunt Diane and boys

Plattner Ranch said...

Jonas loved the video of Max. Now he is pointing to the computer saying "Baby!"

Anonymous said...

Very nice, from Narita,

gpa b

Anonymous said...

I like the videos - but am excited to get out of Narita, and get to HOLD him!

Love Dad