
Reading Max's CAT book he got for Christmas
New Year's Eve night I actually stayed home from church with Max because we weren't sure if he was still contagious or not. After church we went to my parents' house (there weren't any other little kids there, so I didn't feel bad going). Brett Herrmann came over, too, and played a game of Settlers of Catan with Greg, Caleb, and Mom Rassi. It was her first time ever playing, and she won! Go Mom! :D We didn't stay much past midnight, as I still wasn't feeling that great and Max was asleep. I was just glad I made it that long!
On Saturday, Jan. 3rd, Greg and I went on a double date with Tim and Melissa down to Springfield to the Lincoln Museum. I've been there before but none of them had. Thankfully, Laura Herrmann had agreed to watch Max and Katy was there to help her, too. We had a great day! The two shows they have at the museum are quite impressive. One is called The Ghost in the Library and uses amazing hologram technology...we're still not quite sure how they did it! I won't reveal any more, in case you haven't been there. The other show, called Lincoln's Eyes, was also very well done. Probably the most entertaining thing about our visit though, started right when we walked in. The first display you encounter is a set of wax figures of the Lincoln family. Here's Greg and I posing with them.
On Saturday, Jan. 3rd, Greg and I went on a double date with Tim and Melissa down to Springfield to the Lincoln Museum. I've been there before but none of them had. Thankfully, Laura Herrmann had agreed to watch Max and Katy was there to help her, too. We had a great day! The two shows they have at the museum are quite impressive. One is called The Ghost in the Library and uses amazing hologram technology...we're still not quite sure how they did it! I won't reveal any more, in case you haven't been there. The other show, called Lincoln's Eyes, was also very well done. Probably the most entertaining thing about our visit though, started right when we walked in. The first display you encounter is a set of wax figures of the Lincoln family. Here's Greg and I posing with them.

Greg took one look at Mary Todd Lincoln and said, "Whoa! She looks like your mom!" Every time we saw a statue of Mrs. Lincoln after that, we laughed about it. To be honest, she looks more like a mixture between my mom and my Aunt Karen (which makes sense, since they're twins). The resemblence isn't perfect, but it's definitely there. As we were leaving the museum, we encountered the Doug Frank family just entering. She agreed with us later that Mary Todd looks like Mom. :) Our entire visit through the museum took right at 2 hours. We took our time and read most of the information and it really worked out perfect.
After the museum we ate at Bennigan's...I don't think I've ever eaten there before, but it was very tasty. We finally took some pictures of each other instead of wax figures, so here they are...just look at those photogenic couples!
After the museum we ate at Bennigan's...I don't think I've ever eaten there before, but it was very tasty. We finally took some pictures of each other instead of wax figures, so here they are...just look at those photogenic couples!

Tim & Melissa
On Sunday evening, we went to Aaron and Katie Ehnle's house for supper. Max 'played' with Brianna for a bit and the rest of us (Aaron, Katie, Greg, me, Caleb) played The Farming Game. It was honestly the longest game EVER! We did have to take a break for dessert and to put the babies to bed, but still....I've never played The Farming Game for that long. Oh, well. It was fun!

Max and Brie
Monday was Miriam Sauder's visitation, so Laura and I switched off babysitting. Greg and I went in the afternoon so she watched Max, and she and Brett went in the evening so we watched Bryce. Now Bryce is 3 months older than Max, and can feed himself his bottle. Max could have cared less, but his parents were jealous. :) So here's Bryce feeding himself and an unwilling Max being 'taught' how. :)

Wednesday night there was no church because of Miriam's funeral on Tuesday, so we went to Brett and Laura's for the evening. Brett, Laura, Greg, Caleb, and myself played a game of (surprise!) Settlers of Catan (actually my first time ever playing a whole game...I'd played a couple turns for someone else before). Brett won, but I actually came close. Not too bad, I didn't think, for my first time. (You have to have 10 points to win and I had 9). Bryce and Max took turns being grouchy at first, but later in the evening they were having fun...



nu=324;)25+%29%3B+%3B%29WSNRCG%3D32343295+438%28nu0mrj.jpg)
6 comments:
Thanks for the pictures but can't wait to hold the little fella. When grandma is in Germany, she misses Max and when grandma is in Tremont she will miss Elena. It doesn't seem fair!! Oh, well, we love them all. Grandma B.
that is hilarious! i blew the picture up to get a closer look and i agree that she does look like my mom/your mom! and hannah is still "learning" to hold her own bottle, too. i think she likes to be 'served' :)
Those are really good pics of the couples! Very photogenic. Glad you were able to go a date!
Laura
Maybe we can go on a date when Nate and I visit (we can get Tim and Melissa to babysit, ha!)
Nichole--I have some other pictures we took that look like them, too...I'll send them to you.
Steph--Sounds like a plan to me! :) Double dates are great! :D And I'm sure there will be plenty of babysitters...
Yikes...I didn't know my picture was gonna make it on to the blog! :)
Love you,
Julie
Post a Comment