I think it was the Friday before Christmas, Greg and I took supper to his parents' house. He wanted to try his hand at making rouladen, a German entree, and I wanted to try making spaetzle, a German side dish. We had some apples in the fridge, so we were looking online for recipes for German apple desserts. Our first thought was 'Apfelstrudel!' (think Seargent Schultz from Hogan's Heroes), but we soon discovered that they take way more butter than should be lawful to put in one recipe and many comments about them were along the lines of 'making the dough requires some skill.' So, thumbs down on the apple strudel. After some searching, we found a recipe for Apple Cake. To my delight, it was from Smitten Kitchen! Greg made most of the cake; I just chopped the apples. We tried to be like Steph and take pictures, but we forgot and only took some at the end. Here's the apple cake! (It was pretty good, by the way!)
Wedding Weekend: Elsie Saturday Pictures
4 days ago




2 comments:
the apple cake looks very yummy, if you ever feel like making it again i'll GLADLY be your taste tester!! :) i also really like the last picture of greg and max!!
It's January guys, time for a new blog. Love, Mom B.
Post a Comment