Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The weekend...and coming home (oh, boy)

Well, not surprisingly, the only pictures we have from the weekend are of Max swimming...which I already put up on the 'Ahhhhh' post. However, we do have a video. He was 'jumping in' to his daddy!


For those of you who didn't know, we went down to St. Louis on Saturday afternoon and went that night to the Ambassadors of Harmony Christmas concert. (Sheila opted to stay at the hotel and watch Max for us.) It was quite a show! Very funny in the first half and some very beautiful singing. 'Sarah Palin' even made an appearance. Santa was driving his sleigh, pulled by his (four) reindeer, when all of a sudden we heard, "BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!" The reindeer froze...and then fell over. Sure enough, here comes 'Sarah,' holding her shotgun and walking across the stage. Hilarious! Anyway, we all stayed overnight and then went to St. Louis church for the morning. We left at noon to get home for the Christmas program in the evening. Kind of a whirlwind, but I'm so glad we went!

Then, we were home. I know I already talked about the water, but thankfully it's all dried up now. Here's some 'after' pics:


Everything that was on the carpet had to come off...and went over in this area.


The carpet is propped up and we've got three fans and a dehumidifier going.

The worst part of the whole ordeal: No, it's not even the pictures! I had a canvas bag with some of my favorite children's books in it that I had loaned to John and Heather's family for their vacation this summer. I nearly cried when I found it. :( Yes, I'm a nerd. But I was so bummed about having to throw out some of my favorite books! I told Greg that for Christmas, he can replace some of them for me. We'll see. :)

I'm hoping that maybe by Christmas (which is only a week from tomorrow!) our house will be all back to 'normal.' :D But maybe 'normal' is overrated, anyway. There's certainly never been a dull moment in the past month or so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg& Mary,

Cute video of Max jumping in the pool. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Love
Aunt Diane