Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hooray!

Well, I have to admit...now that our house looks like this:





It's almost difficult to remember that not very long ago, it looked like this:







Yes, the carpet was all successfully laid, we survived not being in our house for what seemed like a very long time, and we're all glad to be home. On Tuesday morning, Max and I were home just for a little bit while Manuel our expert carpetlayer began to work on the living room. I think Max would have liked to watch him longer, but I didn't think I'd be able to keep him out of the way.


Max loved crawling on the pad; I think Manuel got a kick out of him. :)

Due to the unusual circumstances surrounding our house this year (Helitech, new carpet, etc.), Greg and I didn't even have to discuss whether or not to break his rule of no Christmas decorating before December 1st (which I often remind him we did last year). Tuesday night, December 2nd, we moved all of our furniture back, had a couple strong guys over to move the piano (thanks, Ben, Dale, and Dad R.!), and pulled out every Christmas decoration in the house. It was pretty fun, albeit a bit more work last year since Max is here. :)


Max watching Greg decorate the tree


Max's opinion of Daddy and Mommy not letting him 'help.'


"Mmmm...ornament....good" (Don't worry, there was no hook or string on it)


The beautiful finished product, complete with our new star! It's so pretty!

I love the new carpet and our decorating...I've found myself several times just looking around the house and grinning. Now I'm ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Stephanie R. said...

What a beautiful home. So Christmasy! I really can't wait to visit. Love you all.