As most good parents, when Max was about 6 months we started trying to feed him baby food. We would smile and laugh and jump and shout, trying to get him to eat a few bites. Now granted, that food does not look really tasty...in fact...the peas...augggg...they looked awful. But to be fair, we tried to feed him good stuff like applesauce and sweet potatoes. Two bites and rejection comes...nearly every time!
So Mary and I are in the computer room/laundry room checking Steph's blog this morning. I hear Max pattering about on the wood floor in the kitchen. I went out to check on him and realize he is over by the front door. This is the same front door where he "talked" with his dog Kia this morning. Also the same door that had two ladybugs by it. I get over to the door and realize that there is now only one ladybug. And yes...Max is chomping away on his late morning snack...the ladybug. At least she was dead. Of course Daddy did the finger sweep...to no avail...in fact I think that I shoved it down his throat.
Take your pick....

3 comments:
In some countries I'm sure ladybugs are considered a delicacy!
Laura
yeah, i found owen had eaten half a spider once - i don't think the ladybug is all that bad! :)
Ugh! Gag!!!
I accidentally tasted a ladybug when I got a drink during the night and one was in my cup. It was a very unsettling experience!
I've since learned that when they are in your house during the winter that they need water to survive. I no longer leave a cup of water on my sink when there are signs of ladybugs around!!!
I'll choose a jar of the worst baby food any day over one taste of a ladybug!!!
Post a Comment