Monday, April 13, 2009

2 days to go, 7 days to go...

That's right! Only 2 more days until Tax Season 2009 is OVER! Woo hoo! For those of you who haven't done your taxes yet, your time is running out! And only 7 more days until we're in the air, headed to Stuttgart! (Well, technically, at this time we'll be somewhere in Atlanta airport. But we'll be partially there, anyway!) I think we're ready for a vacation, even though it will be interesting with Max, I'm sure. I figured I should clean off the camera so I don't have one huge post to do before we leave. We have been doing work in the laundry room, so sometime this week I'll put up pictures of that. For today, though, it's mostly Max and Bryce. Surprise, surprise, huh? :)

First of all, I feel like I've been talking about Max walking for the past three posts or so, but I've never really put up a video that shows him doing it well. One night I told Greg we needed a good video of Max walking, and it wasn't too hard to get. :) He's pretty speedy now!


The things you see coming in and out of the picture on the left are Max's sunglasses that Greg was using as incentive. Here's a better view of them:


Cheese! We were surprised he left them on long enough for a picture!


I wish I could say that Max is pointing to his nose after one of his parents asking, "Where's Max's nose?" Alas, I think he was just being silly. Or picking his nose. I don't actually remember.

Last Wednesday night there was no church because of Good Friday services, so we asked Brett and Laura to come over after supper so Brett could help Greg hang the laundry room cabinets. :) Good sports that they are, they were happy to come help. Max and Bryce were typical boys and more interested in seeing what their dads were doing than playing with their moms (who were both feeling tired and evidently not being much fun). The cabinets got hung, though, and look great, so I'm not complaining!


Bryce usually goes to bed pretty early, but every time he's at our house, it seems, he ends up staying way past his bedtime. He was pretty sleepy by the end!


It was late enough that Max was getting punchy, too, and when Bryce took off his stocking hat, Max thought it was HILARIOUS! Of course, I didn't have the camera out for the first time it happened, so we tried to recreate it. Unfortunately, Max saw the camera and everyone else laughing and decided he must be the center of attention. We couldn't hardly get him to look at Bryce! We finally got it, though, on the fourth or fifth try. Bryce was more than happy to take off his hat each time it got put on him. Good luck making him keep his stocking hat on now, Laura! :)

Yesterday, Easter Sunday, Max wanted to help Greg play the piano after church. Eventually Greg let him play by himself. It made for some cute photo ops.





Concentrating hard...



Well, I hope you're all having a good day despite the gray and the rain. It feels like a perfect day to curl up with a good Agatha Christie mystery...but I must resist so I have a couple to take along on our trip! Instead, I'll try to take a nap while Max is still sleeping, and then when he wakes up I'll work on some much needed (and long overdue) dusting. Here's me and Max saying goodbye:

(He's wearing his farm animal shirt that Aunt Sheila brought back from Germany for him...with that and his overalls, he looked like quite the little farmer!)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, Max is the cutest lil farmer! and I can't believe how BIG he is!

Love ya,
Jules

Karen B.. said...

Cute videos and pics. Love them all. Love, Grandma B.

Stephanie R. said...

I want to see a pic of Max in his "American" shirt. Hee hee!