Friday, April 17, 2009

Laundry Room Makeover

As promised on Monday, here are some pictures of the 'new' laundry room... (I love it!)


The new cabinets, sink, mirror, part of the flooring, and wall paint


View from the kitchen (also showcasing the unfinished floor...the blue walls make that lovely shade of green seem to stick out)


This is the part of the floor that Greg has gotten finished already. I'm excited for when that green is all covered up!

In case you don't remember what it looked like before, here's the best shot I have of it (from the kitchen)...

Quite the improvements, I think! And the cabinets/countertop are a much better use of that corner!

Another exciting thing at our house (for me, anyway) is seeing our daffodils blooming. Add that to the sunshine and warmth today, and I'm SO ready for this spring/summer! I'm really awful at taking good flower pictures (that's more Greg's area of expertise), so these will just have to do. I brought in some daffodils on Wednesday to celebrate nice weather, spring, and (most importantly) the end of tax season!

We also have some really cute miniature daffodils, but the pictures I tried to take of them were even worse. :)

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't talked much about Baby #2 in a while. Don't worry, though, I won't go into any great details of pregnancy or anything. I had a sonogram done last Friday and the baby looked, according to the doctor, "Perfect." He still kept my due date at August 16th, which was fine with me. The baby is just as active as Max was (if not more). I think Greg's felt one kick so far, but most of the time when he tries to feel movement, the baby decides to lie very very still. This pattern is so predictable that one night in bed, I said, "Try to feel the baby kick so that he/she will STOP MOVING!" Me and baby's 'bedtimes' aren't on the same schedule, evidently. :)

It's hard to believe that Max will turn one on Wednesday. He still gets to be my 'baby' until August, though! We took his one year pictures today at the photographer's...he did SO much better than I expected him to, given that he was grumpy all morning. She even had a cake for him to eat/play with...it was pretty funny to watch! In her words, she's never had a child eat so much or so thoroughly demolish a cake! I'm pretty excited to see the pictures.

Just two quick pictures, and then I either need to take a nap or start packing...hmmm...we'll see which one happens. ;) The first picture is of Max's newest favorite thing: climbing into his walker by himself. He crawls up on the tray, then slips his feet down into the seat. Yes, he gets stuck. Every time. He usually thinks it's funny until he gets to a point where he can't move his feet/legs.

We're borrowing one of Dad and Mom Rassi's big suitcases to take with us to Europe. The night we picked it up, Max decided he wanted to play in it first.


Looks like he's all ready to go! :)

Ok, now I really need to go pack...

2 comments:

Daveana said...

I love the new Laundry Room! Hope you have a great trip

Stephanie R. said...

lol. In some of your pics Max looks so much like a Rassi that I just have to laugh!

By the way, I can't wait to see you!!!! Yay!!!