Monday, June 22, 2009

Glad for a new week...

As much as I'm not a fan of Mondays, I'm awfully grateful for the start of a new week. Last Monday evening we watched Kate and Lincoln so Mike and Carmen could go out to eat for Father's Day. We had fun with them, even though these pictures may not necessarily prove it:


Kate sitting in the walker, Max sitting on the tray of the walker, Linc standing by them.


It's not easy to get an almost 3 year old and two 1 year olds to all look and smile...


Especially when one of them starts getting really cranky...


Oh, well! At least Kate is happy! :D

That evening went fine, but the next day things started to get interesting. I suspected Max of having a slight fever the whole day (Tuesday)...he'd been chewing on his finger, too, so I just thought that his canines were coming in. Well, by bedtime, he felt pretty warm. I had been giving him Tylenol to try and bring it down, but also thought he could just be hot because our house was not the coolest place ever. Before Greg and I went to sleep (a bit after 11:00), he went in to Max's room and took his temperature. Hmmm...it was 101.9. We woke him up, gave him some Tylenol, and waited. Half an hour later, Greg took his temp again. Uh oh, this time it was 102.9. Not what Tylenol is supposed to do! So, I called OSF Hospital and asked to speak to a nurse. I was probably on the phone with her for 20 minutes or so, and she had us check his temp again near the end of our conversation. This time it was back down to 100.something. Whew! She made an appoinment for me for the next morning with our pediatrician, and we were able to finally go to sleep. Well, it turns out that Max's right ear had the very beginnings of an ear infection. Hello, amoxycillan! His fever finally broke Wednesday afternoon, and he started acting almost normal again. Unfortunately, he developed a rash on his chest, back, and face near the end of the week. It never seemed to bother him, but he still was just kind of cranky and clingy. Thankfully, the rash went away over the weekend, and he has been acting fine this morning.

Friday night, Mike and Carmen watched Max so that Greg and I could go out to eat...it was so relaxing! We stopped at Burlington Coat Factory and bought Max his 'suit' for Tim and Melissa's wedding and then ate at Olive Garden. I think that he only cried for them for the last half hour... :P It was nice to get out, though. Saturday Greg worked on the floor in the laundry room and made great progress! In the afternoon we went to Dad and Mom Rassi's to celebrate Father's Day with Mom's side of the family. I think it's the first time I've been swimming outside this year; it felt heavenly! Sunday after church we went to Dad and Mom Beutel's to swim...Max didn't stay in very long and I actually didn't get in at all. It turned out okay, though, since he needed a nap before going to the Wagenbach Father's Day that evening. The weekend was great overall, and I'm glad that Max is feeling so much better.

A couple shots of him from last week:


He found his old carseat and likes to crawl around in it...we try to tell him it's for the new baby, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get it. :)


I love this video...if anyone has talked to Greg about this toy, they know his opinion on it! We have officially deemed it an 'outside toy' and there it will stay. Max was pretty excited when he figured out he could make it go!

No comments: