Every once in a while someone asks me how I'm feeling or how this pregnancy has differed than the one with Max. I'm feeling pretty good, just starting to get more tired again. The main way that this pregnancy is different is that I'm waaaaaaaaayyyy more emotional. And grouchy. (My apologies to any of my family who have had to deal with me!) Which, I understand, could partly be due to the fact that I already have a one year old that I run after during the day. Greg and I have theorized that it also could be because this baby is a girl and I've got a whole other set of female hormones residing in my body. But who knows, really. It's just a theory.
Anyway, don't worry, this post isn't going to be all about pregnancy. No, indeed! We've had plenty of other stuff going on at our house!
Monday night, Greg finished laying the flooring in the laundry room. Hooray!!! It looks super! I don't have a good picture of it and I'm too lazy to take one right now, so that will have to wait. Then, on Tuesday, my brother Nic came for the afternoon and helped Greg get insulation put up in the basement. We are officially ready for drywall, which is good because the drywallers (is that a word?) are coming tomorrow, I believe. So hopefully by the end of this week, we'll have real rooms in the basement! Last Thursday I watched Bryce in the afternoon because Laura was working. He and Max did great until about the last half hour. Then it became a real problem when they took each other's toys, etc. because Bryce was getting tired and missing his parents. We had fun, though. :)

Popular toy of the day: A bundt pan! Good thing I have two of them.

Emptying out the toys...note the space between them. This was near the end. :) It was better if they didn't sit right next to each other.
This was funny: Max was trying to play 'peekaboo' with Bryce and his blanket. It was fine until the end...yes, some tears were shed, but no real harm was done.
On Friday night, we took supper to Dale, Meg, and new baby Maria. I even made sure to take my camera along, but of course forget to ever get it out and snap pictures! We took them chicken and beef fajitas; oh, were they ever good! It was fun to sit and chat with them and hear about their experiences in their first two weeks of parenting. :)
Saturday morning I helped host a baby shower for Meg and Maria. Greg took Max to watch Dad Beutel compete in the Tremont Triathalon. Since Greg had the diaper bag, he also had (go figure) the camera! So, no pics from the baby shower, either. However, we do have a few from the Tri.

Dad starting the swim (1/4 mile)

Finished with the biking (13.2 miles)

On the home stretch! - Finishing the 5K
Great job, Dad!!! We're all proud of you!!! :D
Last but not least, the random Max stuff for the day. This morning Greg made him drink his bottle by himself for the first time. Yeah, I know...he's only, what, 14 months?!?!? But, sometimes, it takes a daddy to figure out things like this. Anyway, it was a momentous enough occasion that Greg snapped a picture of it.

Sleepy big boy
Last random pic: Max with an Archie comic. Seconds before this picture, he was holding it up like he was reading it. He gets it honestly! :)
4 comments:
Enjoyed the post!! Video was cute!! We are excited for the new little one to come also and if it is a boy, I can't help wondering about the name. Love, Grandma/Mom B.
Mary,
I can't believe your baby is 7 weeks away! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm still undecided on what you're having though...soon it will be Beutel, party of four! :)
~Katie
love that pic of Max with his bottle. I just can't wait to hug that little Chubs in July!!!
Good post, yet again.... 7 weeks, unbelieveable - Love Dad
Post a Comment