Also, Nate, Steph, and Elena are here!!! Hooray!!! We're actually leaving today to spend a few days with just the Dean Beutel family (minus Tim, who has to work) down in southern Illinois. I wanted to get this post up so my camera would be cleaned off. :)
Last Friday night was Melissa's personal shower, at her parents' house, hosted by her two sisters. Sheila, Katy, myself, and Brittany (one of Melissa's roommates last year) drove up to it. After we got there, we had some super fondue...oil for cooking, batter to dip cheese cubes and potatoes in before frying, and the best cheese fondue I have ever eaten. Really. I already have the recipe and want to make it. I didn't get too many pictures, but I did remember to snap a few, at least.

One of the pots, along with the bread cubes, mushrooms, beef, cheese cubes, cheese fondue, chicken, and shrimp. I'd never heard of doing the batter thing before. Oh my, those cheese cubes were good dipped in it and fried!

The Beutel women (apologies to Baby #2 if you're a boy)
Saturday evening was Tim's bachelor supper at Dad and Mom Beutel's house. Greg, being the best man, was hosting it with the other groomsmen (Mark and Tyler), so Max and I went to help. Actually, Sheila and Katy took Max out to eat at Monical's, which was really the best thing they could have possibly done! Greg and Dad grilled up a whole bunch of meat for the guys: teriyaki steak, a couple porkloins, some sausage, chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing, and shrimp. Needless to say, it didn't take long to disappear. My hubby really knows how to grill! :D (Sorry, Dad, didn't mean to leave you out...the meat was all delicious!)

Also on the menu: baked potatoes with toppings (thanks to Mark and Ashley), salad, and lots of fruit. Oh, and Dad Beutel cooked up the first sweet corn crop of the year as an appetizer. Sooooo good! For dessert, Tyler brought brownies and ice cream.

Jack, on Ellie's lap, Elisabeth, Hope, Silas
Singing happy birthday and blowing out the candles (Hope's birthday is this week...so she technically is still 2.)

Hope: "That's my umbrella!" She knew she was getting one, and was prety excited about it!

Hannah loooooved her ice cream cone! It was so funny to see her eat it...when she'd try to take a bite of cone, her whole nose would be dunked in the ice cream. :) I got a kick out of watching her toddle around and eat it.

Jack, opening his present from us. (Sandbox toys)
I meant to get a picture of Jack being excited about his gift, but when I snapped the shutter he was looking at Jason, saying, "Open!" He wanted to get his truck out so he could play with it!
I know the real reason anyone reads this blog is to see the creative ways we let Max get dirty. Here's the end of last night, right before we left. Hannah had dumped leftover lemonade on the picnic table, so Mom Rassi gave Max a glass of water to 'wash himself off with.' He figured out it was really fun to shake the cup.
Last thing for the day: a Max antic. He was sitting on my lap as I was on the computer one day, and leaned forward and pounded on the keyboard. All of a sudden, the screen flashed black, and came back on...completely upside down. I was already IMing Greg, so I asked him to Google it for me, since I wasn't sure I'd be able to search and figure out the problem while reading upside down. We got it figured out, but it was just kind of funny. One of those things that makes me shake my head and say, "Oh, Max!"

I promise, I did not turn the camera upside down for these pictures. This is me asking Greg to tell me what to do to fix it!
Well, that's all for today. I need to go pack my stuff and finish up packing Max's stuff. See you later this week!





2 comments:
Hooray! I made the blog. :) It was great catching up with you. Love ya!
Julie
Cute video. Love, grandma B.
Post a Comment