Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prayers appreciated!

I have a post started about our weekend in KC visiting Brett and Laura last weekend, but I can tell you right now it's not going to get finished this week. (We are keeping John and Heather's children tomorrow and Friday...so two days, probably two nights.) So instead, here are a few prayer requests:

-The kidney transplant surgeries are scheduled for Friday morning. You can pray for my brother John, the donor, and my brother Nic, the recipient.

-Pray for John's wife, Heather, and Nic's wife, Amanda

-Pray for Amanda's parents, Marv and Rita...Amanda's bro and sis-in-law, Ben and Leah, are having a baby today...there have been a few complications and it may end in a C-section. Rita is with them right now, and will I'm sure feel stretched between her first grandbaby and Nic's transplant surgery.

-Pray for my parents who will be up in Chicago during the surgery, as well

-Pray for the doctors performing the surgery...it's incredible to us that this surgery seems so routine to them.

If you want to read more about the surgery, the story leading up to this point, etc., head on over to Nic and Amanda's blog. They're pretty amazing people, in my opinion. As are John and Heather for going through it with them from the donor standpoint.

Thank you! Hopefully I'll check back in after the surgery with an update and some catch up blogs next week!

2 comments:

Karen B.. said...

We can pray!! Also , if you need some help with kids, call. We have a garden to weed if the kids get bored or cause you trouble. Tell Jacob that I would love to have him help me. Love, Mom B.

Plattner Ranch said...

Thanks for the post! We were just discussing when the surgery is. We will be praying!