Finally, instead of looking like this...(or worse!)
He's back to this!
Anyway...back to Friday...when Mary let me know that Max was sick, I decided that Mary and I would have a date night at home with the kids. We each were to pick two dishes that were new to us to make and then we were going to cook/bake supper together. WOW - the food all turned out amazing! We made a pizza with carmelized red onions, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella cheese...AMAZING! We also made some fresh fruit tarts which were also VERY tasty! In addition we made some zucchini chips that were also very delicious. Last but not least, we made my favorite childhood classic Aunt Frances Lemonade...made with fresh squeezed, lemon, lime, and orange juice! The food was so good that we had my family over Sunday night and basically had the same menu...minus the zucchini...plus another new pizza with potatoes, leeks, bacon, fresh mozzarella, and goat cheese...once again...not disappointed! Below you can see the finished products! I was so inspired by these creations that on Monday I printed about 7 new pizza ideas off the internet to give a try! We'll keep you posted.

Caramelized onion/prosciutto pizza (round 1)

Fruit tarts!

The best lemonade ever

Onion/Prosciutto pizza along with Potato Leek pizza

Yum.

Silas in front of a cockpit

Inside the helicopter!

Ready to fly!


Caramelized onion/prosciutto pizza (round 1)
Fruit tarts!
The best lemonade ever
Onion/Prosciutto pizza along with Potato Leek pizza
Yum.
Saturday I had planned to take Max to the Prairie Air Show. Unfortunately, he was still quite sick. Fortunately, I have a nephew who is under 5 yrs of age that I could take with me for free! I think he had a good time...especially enjoying the Black Daggers and their parachuting skills! Thanks for coming with me, Silas!
Silas in front of a cockpit
Inside the helicopter!
Ready to fly!
The first part of this week has been quite busy freezing corn Monday and Tuesday night. In addition Mary canned peaches (with help from Laurie) during the day on Tuesday. Thankfully, our freezers are quite full and I think that were are getting close to being done with storing up for the winter!
Looking forward to a little slower second part of the week and the 4-H fair next week!
4 comments:
It has been a busy week and I too am looking forward to a little slower pace.. Not sure when that will be coming though. Yummy pizza's and tarts. You can have us over any time to try out your new dishes. Love, Mom B.
Um, I think that those pizzas must be remade at some point after August 8th!
Hey those 'tarts' look vaguely familiar! :) It all looks great!
Gayle
the pizza was awesome!!
dad's opinion
Post a Comment