It’s already been over a week since that watermelon post…which was meant to hold this blog over just until I got the Labor Day pics on…and then I got the stomach flu. Ugh. Knock on wood, our whole family seems to be fairly healthy at the moment, so I’ll update the blog quick while I can! :)
Labor Day weekend we camped with a group of our friends. It was our ‘first annual,’ which always sounds odd to me, but I guess there’s not a better way of saying it. :) We had a really fun time with everyone, and I was able to function since we only camped Friday and Sunday nights. :) And yes, I’m aware that next year will only be more interesting with the addition of another baby. But I think it will be fine.
Anyway, we camped at Brent S.’s parents’ timber. It was perfect! The men all made a delicious breakfast on Saturday morning…scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and biscuits and gravy. For supper, Dale K. smoked some meat over charcoal. It was so good! The whole weekend was very relaxing. Lots of sitting around the fire, talking, and of course watching our kids play. There was a HUGE sandbox there that was enjoyed by everyone.
Nora was no exception!
She was quite intent on eating all of that sand…
This is darling little Maria, who also liked the sandbox.
Go, girls, go!
Maria loving the big sand trucks
I don’t have any pictures of it, but on Saturday Max was playing in sandbox heaven, as all of the ‘big boys’ (aka dads/husbands) constructed him a bridge/tunnel out of wood and sand. There were a couple of engineers in the group. :)
Dale borrowed our camera to try it out, so I have a bunch of cute pictures of Meg and Maria…this is one of them.
Nora and I waiting for supper on Sunday…everyone brought their own meat to grill, and we also had fried onion rings, zucchini fries, and grilled eggplant.
Greg took Max and Nora for a wagon ride on Sunday night. It’s the first time we’ve really gotten to use it…Brian restored it and gave it to the kids as a gift. They loved it! Thanks, Brian!
Cuties.
”Give Nora a kiss!”
Our humble abode for two nights…thanks, Ben!
The weekend was pretty chilly, especially for anyone who was camping! I had to dig out fleece sleepers and jackets for the kids. Max has this really great MAX sleeper from his uncle Caleb. He was pretty cute in it!
Max, king of the Wild Things!
Ready to help out.
Monday morning we had bagels, yogurt, and granola for breakfast. It was still a little chilly!
All in all, we had a great weekend and I’m determined to do better at getting the camera out more often next year. Happy late Labor Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment