I am pretty sure I have the absolute worst watermelon-picking skills ever. I know that if you knock on it and it sounds hollow, it’s ripe. For some reason, that is difficult for me to do in the middle of Wal-Mart. I don’t hardly buy them anymore because I have picked such duds in the past. Well, this summer we were treated to a watermelon from the garden of some of our friends from church. This thing was massive!!! It’s too bad we didn’t have anything in this first picture with it for scale.
Greg cut up half of it and we put the other half of it in our fridge for later. It looked so good!
Mmmm…fresh watermelon…
The generous family who gave us the melon wanted some feedback, so I thought I’d put it up here since I know they read our blog. :) It was very good! It was good as far as ripeness and it was pretty sweet! Thanks again for sharing with us! :D
2 comments:
The problem with your watermelon is the store you picked them from. Guide to picking watermelon at Wal Mart:
Watermelon sounds hollow - worms
Watermelon sounds firm - imported from China
Glad it was a good one and you enjoyed it!!!
rk
Post a Comment