Three years ago I bought a fishing poles so I could take my little guy fishing. If memory serves me right he looked about like this at the time. Perhaps I jumped the gun just a wee bit...
This Saturday at 5:45 Max and I jumped...ok...crawled out of bed and headed for the lakes. We had fishing poles, worms, bobbers, hooks, and everything else you need to catch fish. We sat and watched our bobbers for about an hour and a half with very little action (maybe one bite?). BUT...I was very impressed with how Max sat and watched...I know last summer he would not have had the focus and ability to sit still for a period of time. Thankfully this trait is also starting to become apparent in church! After fishing we went out to Mom's and planted the green beans and Mom's zinnias. On the way to Mom's I pulled out a baggie of Apple Jacks for Max to eat for breakfast and told him that he could eat breakfast "on the road". It was very funny to watch the grin spread over his face at the thought of eating on the road! We also helped Aunt Sheila clean out Dad's cow trailer. Then we started the back breaking job of putting rock under the porch at the cabin. Hours and hours later we finished and headed back up to Mom's house and cleaned the chicken manure out of the starter pen. Finally we burnt some of Dad's feed bags and boxes that had been piling up. Being the great thinker that I am I thought I would just burn them on the manure pile...didn't think about the fact that the manure was about 25% straw....oops! I did have to soak the pile with water for quite some time! After our work for the day was done we headed to the Oriental Palace in Pekin (highly recommended!). For the evening we went to Rustin and Sharon's and had a nice relaxing evening!
The following pictures were taken Sunday morning...God is an AWESOME artist!
Below you will see a little coyote action....the picture had to be cropped and enhanced to get even this bad of an image! Pretty fun to watch one of those guys run through the fields though...they are so fast!
2 comments:
Next time bring home some fish!!! Aunt Stephie is ready for a cookout!
what a sweet picture. Love, Grandma B.
Post a Comment