Tuesday, February 07, 2012

A quick set of pics

This post is a bit hodge-podge...I've been trying to remember to take pictures of the kids throughout the week, just to have a record of things they do when they play, etc.


Max was playing with a bead necklace and said, "Look, Mom!  I made a tree!"


Everything Nora loves is in this picture:  Pink, princess crown, baby doll, and her 'high heel' shoes.  Whenever she puts them on, she tells me, "Mommy, I'm going to church!"  I guess because that's the only time she sees me wear my (semi) high heels. :)


We had Darl, Janelle, Kyla, and Layna over one afternoon/evening.  It was so much fun to hang out, catch up, and watch our kids actually play with each other for once!  Our time was (as always) too short!


Max got tired of pictures, so we got one of just the girls.  (Kyla, Nora, Layna)


Max can now write his name!  I was pretty impressed with his 'A' that he made one day, so I made him hold it up for me.  This mama might be just a little proud of him. :D


When we were at the cabin for supper one night, Greg got a few pictures of Tim and Melissa before Baby Boy Beutel made his appearance...and actually, that's why I needed to get this post up!  Lincoln David was born on Sunday, and Greg and I went to visit him last night.  More pictures and info to come. :)


Oh, my.  This is what happens when I don't do my supper prep while the kids are sleeping:  I put some butter on top of the crockpot just to soften, and then I get distracted and come back later to see this!  The funny thing is, I almost had it happen again when I set some by the oven vent...you would think I'd learn!


Max found his daddy's goggles and thought they looked fun enough to wear....I love this picture. :)


And, of course, when Monkey One does something, Monkey Two must have a turn as well!


Like many other people, we are LOVING this mild winter, and several afternoons I've actually sent the kids outside to play for an hour while I work on supper.  Lovely!  A far cry from last year at the beginning of February!  (As a side note, the first thing I notice in those pictures is not the snow...its, "Oh my goodness!  Those kids have grown up SO MUCH!  Nora had no hair!!!" :)


Cutie Max.


Sweet Nora.

Mom Beutel's birthday was last Saturday, and to celebrate we had lunch at the cabin.  Elena had stayed overnight at our house the night before.  I told her and Nora that they needed to go to sleep good so they could help me make Grandma's cake in the morning.  They slept super, and in the morning, Elena told me, "I have an idea, Aunt Mary!  How about I help you with the cake and Nora can do decorations!!!"  Hmm...hadn't really planned any of those!  I looked around and found some streamers and balloons, thankfully. :)


When the furnace was running at the cabin, Max loved sticking the balloons on the air register (or whatever you would call that thing.)  He was pretty proud of himself!


The oh-so-festive table...thanks to Elena's inspiration!  (Of course, that's Mom's chair on the end.)


Blowing out the candles!


Sweet little Anni LOVED the balloons.  She was so funny, racing after them if they got away from her!


She also makes the funniest faces. :)


I love chubby little baby hands!  (I guess pretty soon I can't call her a baby...she'll be one already in March!)


Mom wanted a picture with all of her grandkids....and the next day the picture was already outdated! :)  It's still a pretty cute picture, though!


Last one:  When Tirzah woke up Sunday morning, Max and Nora climbed into her crib, so by the time Greg got into her room, this is what he found.  I love all of the sleepy-eyed smiles! :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

way to go Max on spelling your name! Bet your glad to finally have a boy cousin on the Beutel side!!

Stephanie R. said...

lol. Dr. Cross commented today on Anni's chubby hands. They are so sweet! Love the pics, Mary. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

such cute pics. We sure do have some cute grandkids! Thanks again for the birthday party and decorations. Used my tea kettle yesterday and today and love it. Love, Grandma B.