We've been pretty busy, as evidenced by the lack of blog posts. It's not even one specific thing that has kept us busy, so this post might be kind of random!
One night, Max and Nora wanted to sleep in Greg's t-shirts. I love the sleepy eyes and bedheads in this picture from the next morning!
Every year Greg and I get coupons from Tobin's Pizza for free pizzas for our birthday, and we usually call up Nic and Amanda to go out to eat with us. This year, we took the kids' new bikes and went to a park afterwards. They had a ball riding their bikes for the first time!
Thanks for a fun night, Nic and Amanda!
For our friend Rustin's 31st birthday this year, his wife Sharon threw him a surprise party since she didn't do one for his 30th. (He's got a suspicious nature like Greg and is hard to surprise) :)
We were lucky enough to be in on the surprise and help set up the garage for the party. We also helped with dessert and made this cake...Greg came up with the concept and together we pulled it off! :)
Even Tirzy got in on the party!
This picture makes me laugh. In case you can't tell what Katy and U. Howard and the rest of the people in the garage are looking at...
it's our own resident party animal! We passed out the party horns a little too early, and for about 10 minutes the kids drove most of us nuts honking around on them while we waited for Rustin to show up.
And when he did, was he ever surprised! Sharon pulled it off perfectly! Happy birthday, Rustin! :)
I still need to practice my piping skills! It was fun to use the grass tip for the first time, though.
Greg had the great idea of covering the sides in crushed Oreos to look like dirt. He did a great job!
The kids played outside for the rest of the evening and we had a great time.
Do you remember this picture from last year?
The one I was supposed to send to Malt-O-Meal and never did? Well, Greg tried to recreate it one Sunday morning before breakfast. We didn't quite get the same smiles, but close. :)
These kids still love their "choco meal," as they call it!
Cuties.
Greg has been excited to take Max fishing this year...I think I've already blogged about it a couple of times. One night we went as a family (plus Katy). It was cool, but nice!
My two fishermen
Nora had gotten woken up from her nap, so she was pretty subdued the whole time.
I'm a typical nervous mom around water, so Tirzah and I stayed wayyyy back up the hill. Eventually, I took the girls on a little drive while Greg, Katy, and Max finished fishing. They got some good fish, which are now in our freezer waiting to be eaten!
One night a couple weeks ago, we decided to 'camp' down at Greg's parents' cabin for a night. Greg made a volcano in the sandbox!
Max and Nora were suitably impressed!!!
Sweet Nora
Melissa and Lincoln came down to hang out for a bit, and Melissa brought something from her mom: matching outfits for Max and Lincoln! Thanks, Verloyn! Max LOVES it! :)
What sweeties! Max is SO excited to have a boy cousin!
The day after our 'campout,' Greg took the kids to the zoo (along with Steph and her girls) so I could have a day with my mom.
Max loves the zoo!
At lunch, Max was sorting his fruit snacks by color. Future accountant?

I love this picture! Elena loves her little cousin!
I was so glad for the day with my mom...we got to play with frosting, fondant, and gum paste and practice flowers, leaves, and other fun things. :) It was a great early Mother's Day present!

One day, Max came up from his nap, laid himself down on the chair, and then promptly fell asleep again!

Continuing with his dinosaur craze, Max loves this puzzle that A. Diane K. found for him. Thanks, A. Diane!

One day when Greg was at Hobby Lobby (I think buying my Mother's Day present...an awesome caddy full of cake decorating things!), he bought these t-shirts and iron-ons for the kids. They love their new shirts!

This group of girls are all friends from high school (all two years older than me, but I hung out with them for two years) who got together for a cook out and some catch up time. It was fun seeing everyone!

For the last picture of this post, these are the cakes that I made for Laura S.'s 8th grade promotion. My mom helped me make those flowers (that's part of what our fun day was all about!), and Greg helped me put the cakes together. It was really fun getting to try some new things and I think they turned out cute!
























1 comment:
Awesome pics, some cute ones to add to the photo gallery for me to print. I really love those cakes, I am soo impressed. Mom B.
Post a Comment