Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Splinter!

Dr. Dad reporting for duty!  As I walked through the door tonight Mary said, "Max got a big splinter in his foot...".  I walked over to the couch to find an approx 3/4 of an inch splinter firmly embedded in his foot.  He didn't appear to be in much pain, however, I knew that the splinter must come out. 


After gathering the necessary tools, I went to work.  I attempted local anesthesia with an ice cube but the patient resisted.  I continued with the procedure and with the help of my lovely assistant Mary the splinter was extracted, Hydrogen Peroxide was applied, Neosporin was adhered, and Cars Band-Airs were applied.  The patient seems to be convalescing well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Deal!! Grandma B.

The Kaiser Family said...

OUCH that thing is HUGE!!! Good for you Dr. Dad and Nurse Mom!! Way to be brave Maxerdoodle!!!

~r

Sheila said...

Love your documentation of the event...you could be a physician yet ; )