Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summertime Fun

Just a some pictures of summer fun at our house...

|
Tirzah loves dragging out pots and pans, and one day Nora joined in.  I think they were 'making cookies.'


Nora decided to try and roll out Tirzah's pacifier...don't think it worked very well!

I loved seeing them play together in the kitchen!  Warmed my heart!

Mike and Carmen sold us their bike trailer and we have taken several family bike rides with it...once Greg even had one kid on the seat behind his bike AND pulled the trailer!  Otherwise, we have taken short rides and Max rides his own bike.

Because picky Mom (me) thinks we never have good pictures of the kids in church outfits, the Sunday morning photo sessions continue...

I loved this!  Max giving Tirzy a flower.

This was the best photo of the bunch.  What little sweethearts!

Mmmmm.  Summer means Greg starts grilling again!

This was our first real 'summer' meal:  grilled ribeyes, grilled veggies, pesto pasta made with basil from our garden, and watermelon lemon/limeade (which wasn't that spectacular)

One day a few weeks ago, the kids and I went to visit the Ehnle's for a morning.  I loved getting to see their new house!  The kids loved playing outside with the water!  Here Max is playing 'dodge the sprinkler.'



Katie had a kiddie pool set up with a slide going into it.  Tirzah loved climbing up the slide and just standing at the top.  She liked to slide down, but the water was pretty cold!

These girls were so funny...they didn't play for very long before Brie said she needed her towel.  Surprise, surprise...Nora 'needed' hers, too!

Tirzah didn't mind.  She had the slide to herself!

I was glad she liked it...I think our kiddie pool will get plenty of use this summer!

Victoria was nice enough to brave the cold water and help Tirzah when she needed it.

Also a couple of weeks ago, Sheila was babysitting Elena and Annika, so we met them at a park for supper and some play time.  At the park is a stage, so the kids put on a couple performances for us.

Max singing his 'Volcano Song.'

Nora was hilarious.  She would just belt things out at the top of her lungs.  It's even funnier that most people who see her think she is just 'so shy!'  I think this was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

Max took his turn with "Old MacDonald."  Oh, yeah, and all of the kids got their own 'microphones.'

Elena wanted to sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb," but she sang so sweetly and softly that we could hardly hear her!

Never fear, Nora is here...she jumped in and sang along.  Except she doesn't know all of the lyrics, so her version went something like, "Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Mary had a little lamb, shine ago!" :)

Elena got her confidence, and all three of them finished up with a rousing rendition of "The B-I-B-L-E," a favorite.

Steph has been taking a belly dancing class, and Katy had the song on her phone and started playing it.  Anni has apparently been watching her mommy!  She and Elena showed us some of the moves...I only wish I had a video of it!

So cute!


In other news, Tirzah can eat off a fork!  In fact, sometimes she will ONLY eat off of a fork!

I know that it hardly seems fair that I gave her Jello and a fork, but trust me, she did fine!

Big girl, Tirzy Tunks!

One day we got to have Grace and Eden come over for a morning while Sharon was busy, and we played outside for quite a while!  Here Max is 'painting' the playhouse.

Grace did her part, too.

Eden and Tirzah played peek-a-boo, which was pretty cute.

Nora and Grace worked together to 'paint' the slide...it's a big job!


Here Eden is telling me the water is "Coooooold!"

Trying to get a picture of Nora and Tirzah in their matching swimsuits...maybe next time!

Peek-a-boo!

Cutie Eden!

Tirzylou, I love you!

Eventually we got out the sprinkler...this is about how close Nora would get to it!  Just enough to get her hands wet!

Grace was a little more adventurous...

Max took the cake, though.  He ran all the way up to it, capping it with a pitcher.  I asked him, "Max, what will happen when you take that off?  You better run fast!"

He did. :)

Tirzah just like the water table, since that water actually warmed up!

Grace followed Max's example, but with a bucket this time.

Run!
Made it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of good memories in these pics! Grandma b.