Thursday, July 03, 2008

Max is almost 11 weeks!

Due to the overwhelming support for another blog entry (Steph) I suppose I shall make an attempt! Last post was on June 2nd so I will try pick up from there. June 6/7 was the Rassi Family Weekend (1st Annual)...we went to Stoneycreek Inn in Peoria. On Saturday we went to the Forest Park Nature Center and went on a hike. We saw several deer, a few fawns, and some wild turkeys. Here is a picture of a few of the turkeys....
After the big hike we all went to McDonalds...which the kids loved! Then we headed back to the hotel and swam for quite a while. We topped off the evening with pizza and games until late into the evening! Great weekend spent with great family!

June 15th was my first father's day...and I must say...I have a pretty awesome son! He certainly adds excitement to my life! As the weeks pass, he continues to become more alive...he's smiling, cooing, etc. His newest interest is looking at himself in the mirror and smiling at himself! It's quite cute! Here is a shot of the cutie!
Here is a shot of Max and dad wearing approximately the same outfit...

We got a new camera last month...and thus far have not been able to get it to put photos onto our computer...so these photos are all about 3-4 weeks old already...I will try to fix the problem and get some new photos up soon...and maybe even a video!

Also on June 15th....Nate and Steph came to town. Steph was with us for a week while Nate was in southern IL working...poor guy! We had a busy week of putzing...Friday we had a big BBQ with our friends from Brazil...Paulo and Roseli....thanks for another great meal! Saturday was the big event we were all waiting for....the Tremont Triathalon! We had two teams and Nate did the entire event on his own. The first team consisted of U. Steve (swimming), Me (biking), Tim (running). The second team consisted of Steph (swimming), Mom (biking), Dad (running). The swimmers did 400 meters, bikers biked 12.8 miles, and runners ran a 5K. It was a good experience...don't know if it will happen again or not! My team was the first place male relay team...out of 2! Nate/Steph & Josella left on the 21st and we miss them already...especially Max...he cries all night wondering where A. Stephie is...

On the 26th we traveled down to St. Louis to listen to Tim sing in the Ambassadors of Harmony choir. It's a large barbershop choir that is performing in the International Barbershop Contest this weekend. You can watch the show live at: http://www.barbershop.org/web/groups/public/documents/pages/pub_webcast_home.hcsp
Did I mention it will cost you $60? Anyway...we attended one of their last practices and they were pretty amazing. The harmony was nearly perfect and they were just working on emotion, noise level, and vowel pronunciation. Let me just mention....it would take a very very very trained ear to find anything wrong with their songs. Anyway...Tim, break a leg!

This weekend we will be hosting Mary's cousin and her husband as there is a big reunion at Mary's parent's house this weekend. Should be a good time. I'm sure we will take in some fireworks and hopefully some BBQed meat as we celebrate the independence of our country!

~Greg

1 comment:

Karen B.. said...

I love those Max pics and I like the pic with you and max in the muscle shirt. Love, Mom