Anyway, I got home and this is what greeted me in the kitchen:

Steph and Nate, we even got to use your glasses...Greg filled mine all the way just so he could call me a 'flaming liberal' or something like that. (Yes, that's sparkling grape juice...no harm was done to Baby #2.)

More tulips that Greg bought for me
It was so relaxing to have an evening at home that night, not having to worry about Max at all! We eventually went and spent some time at Dad and Mom B's where Sheila and Katy were watching him. Greg pretty much hadn't seen him all day, so we wanted to be there before it was Max's bedtime. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty sweet Valentine's Day. :) Thanks, babe! I love you!
On Sunday after church, we went to visit Grandma Rassi who now lives in Eureka (the Sheltered Care part of the Home). We had never seen her room before, so I was excited to go visit her. Dad, Mom, and Caleb picked us up and we headed out. Once we were there, we visited with her for a while, and then Darl and Janelle showed up with Kyla! It was good to be with them, even if for a short time, and it was easy to see that Grandma was loving having all of us there...esp. the two great-grandchildren! Here's the group minus Dad and Mom:
On Sunday after church, we went to visit Grandma Rassi who now lives in Eureka (the Sheltered Care part of the Home). We had never seen her room before, so I was excited to go visit her. Dad, Mom, and Caleb picked us up and we headed out. Once we were there, we visited with her for a while, and then Darl and Janelle showed up with Kyla! It was good to be with them, even if for a short time, and it was easy to see that Grandma was loving having all of us there...esp. the two great-grandchildren! Here's the group minus Dad and Mom:

This was about the most that Max and Kyla interacted. Except for when he tried to pull her hair a couple of times, they stayed out of eachother's way when they were both on the floor.
It was just so good to see Grandma thriving in her new home. She told us about the Valentine's Day dinner they had, about her neighbors (one is a woman who is 105 years old!), and about other activities she's been doing. I'll be glad to go and visit her again!
After we left Grandma, our carload headed to Bloomington to satisfy my craving for pizza...Tobin's it is! Dad had actually never been there before, and I think Mom had been there a long time ago. I think they both liked it! Max was great at the restaurant and loved our waitress. Every time she came by he was grinning and babbling and laughing. As Dad put it, he was 'running for office.' By the time we left Tobin's, though, Max was losing steam. Here's a shot of him in the car...looking ready to go to bed!
After we left Grandma, our carload headed to Bloomington to satisfy my craving for pizza...Tobin's it is! Dad had actually never been there before, and I think Mom had been there a long time ago. I think they both liked it! Max was great at the restaurant and loved our waitress. Every time she came by he was grinning and babbling and laughing. As Dad put it, he was 'running for office.' By the time we left Tobin's, though, Max was losing steam. Here's a shot of him in the car...looking ready to go to bed!








9 comments:
Very glad to be helping you tap into your liberal side ;)-
Love, Steph
Thanks Mary for the update. A good entry as usual. Enjoyed seeing your meal that Greg prepared. Nice Job Greg!! You can make one like that for me anytime. Love,Mom
Pulling hair? Sounds familiar!
Gregory,
I thought we were supposed to be invited for supper? Do you think I could borrow the tulips after you're done with them?
Greg,
You have really figured out how to spoil your wife - and she's worth every bit of it!
Dad
The pics are great!! it was a pleasure to babysit max for you!! i would do it anytime for you and not even have to be paid hahahaha!! (like u would anyway haha) Love you guys!
WOW...nice job Greg! I agree though...Mary deserves it! :)
Jules
Mary Mary, You have one amazing husband!!!
Looks like you had an awesome Valentine's Day.
Toodles!
It was so great to see you Sunday! I agree, our kiddos were sorta not sure of each other....we'll have to change that and get together SOON!! :) We love you lots and I'm glad all seems to be going so well with the wee one...how exciting!
Post a Comment